Chapter VII

Ace's POV

Not waiting for a response she left the room. I stood up walking towards the direction she had hed off to ignoring Caroline's calls. She was about to open a room when I came up behind her and closed the door trapping her between the door and myself.

"Not so fast sweetheart if you think that I'm going to simply up and leave after finding my mate then you've got something else coming for you," I snarled not at all hiding the fact that I was furious.

Athena's POV

I was so damn close to escaping and pushing that arrogant man out of my head. My plan would have succeeded if it weren't for his stubbornness. My breath hitched as he pushed his body against me ridding us of the space that we once had in between us. He spoke gently but with fury also evident in his voice making me tremble in unexplainable delight. I cursed myself for allowing him to have such an effect on me in such a short amount of time. My wolf and demon purred in satisfaction for our close proximity wanting more than anything to be marked by this man.

The smirk that crept onto his face at the sight of me reacting to him in such a way made me snap out of whatever was happening to me. Just as I was about to speak he came dangerously close to my face licking his lips in the process while looking down at mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I anticipated his lips on mine. Instead of kissing me his breath fanned my neck as he spoke with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I'm not going anywhere Love so you better get used to the idea of having me around. I won't stop until your heart is in my grasps."

Coldness hit me as I snapped my eyes open seeing his retreating figure in the distance. My heart beat erratically as I slid down the door holding my head in my hands trying to make sense of what had just occurred. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard someone's footsteps. The person who approached me was no other than Alec himself a small smile on his face but sadness evident in his eyes from that I could conclude that he had seen everything. My heart clenched at the sight.

A part of me felt guilty since I did know of his feelings for me. He had mentioned it to me several times I of course never accepted them even though a part of me did love him back. I felt it best to ignore those feelings since it would have made things complicating in the long run if I ever found my mate which until now had always seemed like a dream that would never come to pass. Even now the knowledge of me having my mate only rooms away from me seemed bizarre.

"You saw everything didn't you?"

"Yeah, but don't feel guilty I understand."

He smiled warmly at me while extending his arms for me. I gladly accepted them feeling comfortable in the familiar warmth of the friend I've come to cherish dearly.

"Why don't you open your heart to him its clear that he wants nothing more than your affection."

*Sigh* "Its not that simple Alec you know this. I can't simply open my heart to him just because the mate bond wants me to and even if I did decide to do so how could I, I have way more responsibilities then those 4 combined."

Alec simply squeezed me more into him before letting go and looking into my eyes as he spoke, "Whatever you decide just know that I will always be by you to support you."

I hummed in response appreciating how supportive he's always been sticking by me through the good and bad times.

"I know that I'm kind of late but I am sorry for leaving you even after I said that I wouldn't"

Alec laughed and shook his head, "well I guess you're going to have to make it up to me since you did make me wait for you in this giant castle bored out of my mind. Anyways I believe its time you go back into the dining room and address your guest."