Chapter XIII

Athena's POV

Many years before the four great clans war; when the previous Demon Lord was still alive a man who so happened to be his younger brother made me step in as he threatened the balance of the world. During that time Alec had convinced me to step out of my comfort zone and actually meet with the leaders of the clans.

It was no surprise that the leaders felt threatened and frightened by my power especially since for them I was a threat that had long roamed this world before them. Of course, they didn't dare to do anything to go against me. This man whose name is Lucifer could not stand the fact that there stood someone with greater power than that of his older brother who he admired so dearly. At the time the demon clan had a slight upper hand in power all of this due to my involvement of awakening the demon lords power since they were beginning to fall behind the other clans disrupting the balance. Lucifer did not know this and his greed not only lead to his demise but also his brothers.

Although the demon lord had plenty of power to take over the other clans he had a kind heart that allowed me to believe that he would not misuse his newfound power. During the time I decided to reside back into my castle, Lucifer had been planning behind his brothers back to take over the throne and begin a war in order to take control of the other clans.

*Flashback*

Preparations were nearly complete to go into eternal sleep. The moon was full and the doors to my sacred resting place were wide open. Not only would I go to sleep but Alec as well he had decided that it would be boring to wait around for me to wake up so like the great companion he was he would also head into eternal sleep. As I slid into my coffin (cliche right) I suddenly began to experience a powerful migraine followed by a premonition. Someone was trying to shift the world's balance.

Alec came storming into the room panting for air no doubt having forgotten that he had vampire speed.

"We have a problem; the demons have begun to attack the other clans"

I clenched my hands into fist anger surging through me as I thought of the sure betrayal from the demon lord.

"Get ready we're heading over there," I said.

It didn't take us long to get into the palace a simple transportation spell and we were in the throne room. However, instead of finding the demon lord looking down at us from his throne, we found Lucifer. His eyes were hollow- not a trace of emotion insight as he stared down at something. The demon lord had been murdered by no other than his own brother and he now laid beheaded on the floor. I felt nothing for Lucifer but utter revulsion.

"How could kill your own brother! Wasn't he the person you admired the most," I seethed.

"It wasn't me it was his most trusted advisors that fought him I simply finished him off and brought the body here to show just how much of a weak king he was. He's dead you no longer have a reason or the right to be here be gone; the era where demons reign over all commences now!"

The people that were in the room cheered in agreement angering me even more. The fact that these people couldn't care less about the fact that their previous lord had been murdered had me livid.

I turned to Alec who was already waiting for my command," I believe its been a while since you've had some fun, Alec go wild."

He smirked in response not waiting a second longer before he began snapping necks and pulling the heart out of anyone that stood in his path. Lucifer's face held panic for a brief second before the team of elite soldiers the demon clan had came out of nowhere catching Alec off guard. They began to have the upper hand on him. Alec laid on all fours on the ground panting.