13: Even so, I couldn't change

Satomi was back at Hyotei.

"The results were poor. I expected more from your match with Seigaku. No worries. There is still a chance at Nationals since Tokyo's the host we can regain, so third years, don't go quitting just yet." She said trying to boost team morale in a better way.

She just recently heard second years talking about the third years quitting and the regulars that lost will be replaced.

"No replacements are needed. I will work with regulars only today, that includes you Wakashi. So all regulars get onto courts 1 and 2. Everyone else do your normal dynamic warm up and ask Coach for further directions on practice." Satomi said dismissing everyone. As the regulars headed to the courts Satomi followed behind them.

"It's weird knowing your at Hyotei for some reason." Atobe said falling behind.

"Not here, don't talk about it here." Satomi said.

"You have a weird way of boosting the team morale, that's for sure." Atobe said.

"Hmph, as manager I do what I have to do." Satomi said looking at her clipboard.

The rest of practice continued with even harsher training. By the end the regulars were lying on the ground panting. Even those who had a lot of stamina were almost done for. Atobe was holding onto the tennis pole trying to get a steady breath in.

"Freshman pick up the balls. Regulars, get yourselves up. Training will be just as harsh continuing. I won't go easy. If you guys cannot stand this I hate to see what happens when I assign you one on one training." Satomi said, patting her skirts down as she sat up from the bench. She gathered her belongings and left as soon as her chauffeur picked her up.

"How long do you think we'll last, Atobe?" Oshitari asked panting.

"We'll have to endure it if we want to get into the last spot in Nationals." Atobe said finally catching his breath.

"Crazy woman." Jirou said panting as he tried to get some sleep, finally.

"Why can't we take advantage of her airboot situation? I mean it'd be the perfect idea to mimic her so called 'dignified' walk in an airboot. It's actually quite funny watching her walk away like that." Makuhi said panting too but mimicing her stumbling around in a dignified manner in an air boot.

A few laughed while others scoffed.

As the week pasted it was time for the second round of the Kanto tournament. But Satomi had to go to the hospital. Her father sat next to her as her coach. The doctor of course knew who she truely was. He gave her a check up of her leg and told her she was clear. She sighed in relief. She was able to go back to the tournaments soon.

She was called in by her sponsor Adidas first though. The manager that met with her said a few things.

"You took your request into consideration. You are not prepared for the professional level. You are only 13 years old. You're skill might be beyond you age by far, but in no way or shape are you prepared for the professional level. You will continue playing for junior titles as for now. When we believe you are ready we will sponsor you going into the professional level." The manager said.

"I can enter without your help." Tomi said calmly adjusting her visor even lower, only the CEO of the company knew who she was, and promised to keep her identity a secret.

"You don't have the money for it. You'll need training which is sponsored by Adidas. That alone costs a lot of money." The manager said.

"My coach isn't even signed under your company. You don't even pay him. He coaches me because of our long term bond. He'll train me no matter what, and I have enough money to enter the competition and I'll work by myself to win it without adidas help." Tomi said. The manager scoffed.