Intelligence and Deals

Shuichi finds himself continually staring at Kokichi, who makes a very emphasized point of not returning the looks.

But damn, he is wearing a suit... and slacks... and goddamn it he has work to do. Shit.

"Oh, Kokichi!"

Nagito waves them over with a broad smile, and Shuichi finds himself smiling too. Nagito at least knows how worthless he is, and that's somewhat refreshing.

Once they draw closer, Nagito stares at them for a second before passing Kokichi a champagne flute, whispering what sounds like "liquid courage" before rushing away.

So, to recap, it's been fifteen minutes, and they still haven't sealed the deal with Naegi.

"Ah, there he is," Kokichi smiles, downing the champagne in one gulp and striding over. "Naegi Makoto!"

The look the brown-haired man gives them could wither a lesser man, and it almost has Shuichi running away. And yet, Kokichi stands his ground, patting Naegi on the back as if they're old friends.

"I am sorry about that," Kokichi laughs, before his expression falls. "But... you won't cancel the shipments, right? We can still pay quite well for them, and I don't see how cutting off trade with us will help you any."

Damn, he's good.

"You shot my friend," Naegi deadpans. "Of course the deal is still on."

"Really?" Kokichi gives Naegi his best puppy-dog eyes, and unless Naegi has a heart of stone, then he can't resist.

A tense second passes... then two... then three...

"Fine," Naegi sighs. "But we'll be watching you."

Mukuro Ikusaba seems to materialize out of thin air to stand next to him, and he nods easily as she leads him away.

"She's scary, huh?" Shuichi sighs.

"Nah," Kokichi hums, skipping off. "All bodies look the same once you break their skulls."