Chapter 10 - What a Day.

*A/N*

Hey, DOUBLE DIGITS ! YES ! You guys excited ?

No ? Well then .

--Crumbs

*LUKE'S P.O.V.*

What a day.

1.) Derek is a werewolf, who came into town with the rest of his pack.

2.) I am his 'Mate.'

3.) He loves me...

After Derek told me this, there was just a long moment of looking at each other. I, personally, got lost in his ever-green forest eyes. They just drew me in. But after a second, I regained my composure. Well, mostly.

I stuttered back, "D-Derek..."

He sighed, and smiled slightly at me. "You don't have to say it back yet. But I will get you to love me." His smile turned arrogant, making me smack him on the arm.

I muttered to myself, "Confident, much?"

He nodded. Damn him and his werewolf hearing. "I am confident. We were made for each other, you know." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms like the stubborn 5 year old I am on the inside.

I muttered, "Is that so? ...," Before reaching around and grabbing both of our shirts. I shrugged mine on at the same time Derek did.

Derek leaned away from me for a second, and checked his watch. "Hey, if you want, I'll drive back to school. There's at least two more periods left." He put his arm around my shoulder. Naturally, our 'connection' flowed endlessly, getting me excited for no good reason.

Why bother going back, I thought, it's only the second day of school. I replied, "Nah. I mean, it's the beginning of the year. There's no homework, and the teachers could care less anyway. But if you could drive me back so I can get my car, that'd be great..." He nodded, moving his hand so his fingers brushed against my flushed cheek. Even the slightest gazing of skin made my heart pound for him.

Sitting back against my seat, Derek suggested, "How about we just talk here, and then when school's over I can drive you back? Unless you want to do something else." I could see hope in his eyes. For what, I don't know. I don't want to know, either.

I said, "We can just stay here. I don't really think it's necessary to go back to school since we missed fifth period." I gave him a significant look. This all was his idea.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Do you wanna get in the back? It's more comfortable back there." He had a certain glint in his eyes that suggested something I didn't want to think about, but I nodded anyway.

I crawled over into the back seat and pulled that lever that made the seat fall back more. I laid down against the soft upholstery. Hm... This is comfortable. I closed my eyes.

I felt the dip of the seat when Derek climbed over, and looked over at him. His hair was messy and how it still looked good, I'll never know. His lips looked slight swollen from all the... affection... we showed each other. His tee shirt was crumpled and wet looking, as was mine. His cheeks --shockingly -- were flushed, a slight pink sprinkling the top of his cheek-bones, nose, and the tips of his ears. I blushed at the heated look in his eyes. He laid next to me, one arm reaching across to position my body in a certain way to cuddle us together. Legs laying against each other lazily, his arms around me, my hands resting on his chest. The way Derek pulled me toward him left me sort of on top of him, resting on his chest.

I turned my gaze away, and watched the rain drops trickle down the window, beading together, disconnecting, switching paths... Life was a lot like that. Change. Movement. I turned my head into Derek's chest, breathing in his scent. Pine trees.