vii. foreboding

August 18th, 1994
Weasley Home

Hope had spent the majority of her summer being taught by Remus how to become an animagus and how to do the patronus charm

Hope had spent the majority of her summer being taught by Remus how to become an animagus and how to do the patronus charm. Surprisingly enough, both her patronus and animagus were a phoenix.

Harry practically lived with Genevieve and Hope but would still go to the Dursley's. The Dursley's wouldn't give him the satisfaction of being truly happy, no. Hope also believed they'd become accustomed to having someone to verbally abuse.

Harry and Hope had been staying at the Weasleys home for the night for an event that Genevieve vaguely hinted at. Hope awoke before everyone else in the house from a strange dream she'd had... about Draco. Specifically, kissing Draco. The dream disturbed her so much, she was unable to fall back asleep.

Once the rest of the lot finally awoke, they began hiking to the unknown destination. Fred and George were groggy. Hope, walking alongside them, wasn't tired in the slightest. She actually had some coffee with Mrs. Weasley.

"Arthur!" A male voice yelled, catching the attention of the group. "It's about time, son!"

The man was about the same age as Mr. Weasley and wore glasses. He stood beneath a large tree as if he'd been there for half an hour waiting. Hope thought the man seemed familiar but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Sorry, Amos." Mr. Weasley apologized. "Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." He said, turning back to eye Harry and Ron, who was still yawning.

"This is Amos Diggory." Arthur introduced causing Amos to smile kindly. Hope nearly stopped in her tracks. Diggory?

She looked wide eyed at Hermione and Ginny who giggled softly. Nearly everyone knew of the girls crush. And as if one cue, Cedric dropped from a tree branch.

Hope sucked in a sharp breath. He looked handsome as ever. She bit her bottom lip gently as she watched he and Arthur exchange greetings.

His eyes glanced through the group, catching hers immediately. A handsome smile tugging on his lips. Hope sent a little wave, trying to contain herself. How did Ginny manage this around Harry?

Fred nudged Hope in her side. "Hey, Nix, what do you reckon he's looking at you for?" He said cheekily. Hope, already annoyed, stealthily elbowed his ribs before continuing the hike.

Cedric noticed Hope's quick pace and jogged to catch up with her.

"Hi." Cedric said softly.

"Oh, hi." Hope replied, taking in a sharp breath.

"Do you know where we're going?"

"No. Do you?" Hope pressed, curiosity filling her hazel eyes. Cedric had never thought of her as more than a friend, but she seemed older now. Her lips were more full, her jaw more defined, and she'd even filled out a little body wise.