ix. romeo

November 15th, 1994
Hogwarts Castle

Hope had been writing her father daily using an owl of his

Hope had been writing her father daily using an owl of his. She informed him of what happened with the Goblet of Fire. Sirius said he'd speak to Harry privately and that he would visit her soon, in person. Hope couldn't wait to see him after months of missing him.

Hope walked alongside Harry through the corridor discussing the first challenge. Hope didn't show it, but she was terrified for her cousin. Dragons aren't exactly docile by nature. She noticed enchanted badges that students were wearing portraying Cedric Diggory before swirling to show Harry with text that read "Potter Stinks."

One of the boys bumped into Harry, causing him to nudge Hope slightly.

"Watch where you're going, moron!" Hope barked, causing the boy's smirk to disappear from his face. Hope wasn't mean per se, but she didn't appreciate people messing with her cousin.

As Hope and Harry tried to exit to the courtyard, a few Hufflepuffs blocked the exit and showed off their fancy badges. Harry, not wanting to be rude, politely tried to squeeze past them. Hope, not giving a damn, shoved them out of the way roughly before turning back around to face them.

"Oh, you mind giving me one of those?" Hope asked with her hand extended. The boy nodded slowly, unsure of her, before handing her one of the badges. She nodded, inspected it for a moment, and then chucked it as far as she could.

"Thanks!" She exclaimed before pulling Harry along.

"Ignore them." She whispered softly.

"I'm trying." Harry responded, his jaw tight.

The two then approached Cedric laying on a bench surrounded by some of his Hufflepuff friends who proudly showed the badge to him and yelled insults.

"I thought Hufflepuffs were supposed to be kind. You can support Cedric without bringing down Harry. It is possible." Hope seethed, her fierce hazel eyes zeroing in on each of them. They went silent, unsure what to say.

"Can I have a word?" Harry asked stiffly. Cedric nodded, and stood to follow him a little away. Hope stood rooted in her spot and crossed her arms, staring intently at the Hufflepuffs who squirmed under her gaze.

She leaned down slowly to be at their eye level before smirking. "Mess with my cousin one more time, and I will turn you all into badgers." She whispered, her tone and eyes showing her seriousness. The students stayed silent, only one giving a small nod of understanding. Hope straightened, smiling victoriously.

"Lovely." She muttered before walking away from the group towards Harry and Cedric. Harry muttered something Hope couldn't quite hear before running into Ron. Hope tried to make her way towards him but was stopped by Cedric.

"Hope, I swear I've asked them not to." Cedric whispered sincerely as he gestured towards the Hufflepuffs. Hope stared at him, her eyes void of emotion.