xix. caught

1995
Hogwarts Castle

Hope was enjoying the feast when Dumbledore began introducing the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Dolores Umbridge

Hope was enjoying the feast when Dumbledore began introducing the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Dolores Umbridge. Hope couldn't help but think the woman looked like a muggle medicine that remedied upset stomachs.

"Harry!" Hope whispered, nudging her cousin. "Isn't that the lady who was at your hearing?"

Harry gave a grim nod, his eyes never leaving the extravagantly pink woman who interrupted Dumbledore.

As Umbridge spoke, Hope quickly tuned her out. Something about the woman irritated her beyond belief. Her eyes quickly traveling to a smirking Slytherin whose crystal eyes bore into hers. He sent her a wink before pulling from her gaze, causing Hope's cheeks to flush.

"What's the matter, Nix?" Fred whispered.

"Oh, I just want this pink hag to shut up already." Hope murmured quickly causing Fred and George to chuckle lowly.

~

Hope sat in the Gryffindor commons reading from her potions book when all conversations ceased. She looked up to see Harry entering the room slowly, all eyes on him.

"Dean, Seamus." Harry greeted politely. "Good holiday?"

"All right." Dean answered. "Better than Seamus', anyway."

Seamus tossed down the news article in his hands as he stood. "Me mum didn't want me to come back this year."

"Why not?" Harry asked calmly.

"Let me see. Uh, because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore, as well."

"And your mother believes them?"

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died."

Upon hearing Cedric's name, Hope quickly stood to her feet.

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother. It'll tell you everything you need to know." Harry seethed.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother!" Seamus exclaimed angrily.

"Harry." Hope warned.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar." Harry argued.

"Harry." Hope warned more sternly.

"Do you believe the rubbish he's saying about You-Know-Who?" Seamus questioned.

"You're damn right I do." Hope said, stepping towards Seamus. "Anyone else have a problem with my cousin?"

The student body stayed silent as Harry ran up the stairs to the boys rooms with Ron not far behind.

All eyes were on Hope. "What? Haven't you something better to do with your eyes than stare?"

~

Hope waited by the Black Lake for Draco. The crescent moon glinted off the black water, bouncing as the waves passed through the reflection.

"Birdie." A low voice murmured causing Hope to turn swiftly. A smile tugged on the corners of her lips.

Draco quickly lifted Hope as she wrapped her legs around his torso, the two's lips connecting once more. Hope loved the way his lips felt against hers. The way his arms gripped her so tightly.

Hope pulled away from the kiss, looking into Draco's eyes. She felt so strongly for him. She couldn't explain it. She never wanted anything to disturb what they had.

"Draco, I-"

Hope paused seeing a figure behind Draco. She peered closer to see Fred standing with his mouth agape.

"What the fuck?"

A/N-
Freddie knows!!!!!