Chapter 1

Rain rapped against the roof, and thunder clapped all around. It was stormy, and wretched, as was Silencia's life. Her mother was abusive in every possible way. There was no one to correct her mother-  her father had been dead for eleven years. Unless his spirit were to rise and attack Amelia, Silencia's mother, the abuse would keep coming.

   Silencia never had anywhere to turn, family wise. Her grandparents had died in a fire while babysitting Silencia's little sister, Elysia. Elysia lived, but died a year after. Her uncle was killed in a motorcycle accident, and there was no aunt- her uncle had never married. Silencia's sixteen years were a train wreck. She made the best of it, only ever confiding in her two best friends, Adatiel and Dagon. Sometimes, they weren't even supportive.

   Silencia thought about this often, especially during dangerous storms like that.They were comforting, yet unpredictable. She clicked online, and decided to do her homework.

   "Okay, so, hm. Y=sin (x^(1.7/6)+4)+(1/x))+10.... if x=3, then what would y equal?" Silencia whispered to her computer, trying to wrap her head around the equation.

   Footsteps creaked up the stairway, and Silencia grew edgier. Her mother had come home, and, as always, was ready to manhandle Silencia like a ragdoll.

  Amelia walked up the stairs, through the hall, and kicked open Silencia's door. Silencia didn't even flinch- she started to expect this sort of thing. Unhealthy as it was, it was apart of her daily life. Everything fell into routine. She wakes up with thumb prints on her neck from during-sleep murder attempts, she goes to school just to get bullied, walks home with bullies, goes home to do homework, abuse, then bed. It was simple once Silencia grew strong enough to take the abuse she was so frequently given.

   "I thought I said to do your damned laundry! You show me no respect! Everything I do for you, and you can'tad do a lousy load of laundry. Oh, and how long have you been stuck on that problem, dumbass?" Amelia said, looking over Sil's shoulder.

   "Fine, then you do the problem." Silencia retaliated. Silencia knew shew wouldn't get away with her smart mouth, but it was the only way to cope without crying.

   "YOU LITTLE-"

-

***SLAP***