Chapter 5

It just seems like we returned back to London but it has actually been almost seven weeks now. We are less then a week away from hosting our first Christmas holiday together. We have both of our families coming and they will be with us for a week. Not sure if having them stay that long is a wise choice however.

Harry has been frantically trying to make everything perfect from decor to the planned menu. I think he is nervous but he has no reason to be, because my family already adores him. The house is decorated from the front entrance to the back garden.  He also made it a point to decorate every fireplace in the house from the common rooms to bedrooms.  I don't think there is much more he can do but the way he is darting from room to room putting finishing touches to everything is almost making me dizzy. 

Finally, the front bell rings and our first guest arrives

Finally, the front bell rings and our first guest arrives. Harry rushed into our room to change into something other then lounge attire. I went ahead and answered the door to see a smiling Anne and Gemma. I am engulfed in a couple tight hugs before I grab their bags and head off to their rooms for the next week. When I return to the setting room I see Harry all smiles while he is sitting with his mom on the sofa and Gemma is admiring the Christmas tree. I just stood in the door way looking at Harry who is finally somewhat relaxing now that his mom has arrived. I am brought out of my thoughts when the bell rings again.

I am heading to answer the door when Harry joins me. This time it is my parents at the door with smiles spread across their faces. Once again there is a round of hugs for everyone before my dad I myself take the bags to their room. My dad and I chatted a bit about football before we joined Harry and the ladies. When we arrived to the setting room the ladies were bombarding
Harry with questions about our wedding.

I took a detour into the office to grab our wedding binder before joining everyone in the sitting room. Once I sat down with the book I got everyone's attention. First of all I informed them all of the date being May 24th which they all knew already. They all nodded at waited for me to continue "so as you all know we want the wedding to be small for family and close friends only" once again they all nodded. Harry spoke up "Let me get us all some tea before we continue" as he got up and headed into the kitchen.

Harry returned with a tray with the tea and some biscuits and sat it down and began serving everyone. When he was finished he said "Now back to the wedding. The ceremony will be held on Friday evening attended by just a handful of family and only a few friends". I nodded with agreement. He then continued "Then rest of the weekend we will celebrate with some added guests".

I then spoke up "The next big thing to tackle is the location. We want a country wedding possible at a castle somewhere in the Irish countryside. It would be ideal that we can all stay at the location as well as our guests. We all know that it would be the best not to have anyone driving if it isn't needed". I then looked at my mom and Anne and said "this is as far as we have gotten so far and we would really love all the help you two could give us. We would do it all on our own but with working on the album we are short on time and we really do not want to wait any longer to get married". Both the ladies jumped up and hugged us both and Anne said "we would love to help". I went ahead and passed the wedding binder to my mom and the two ladies headed off to the office and started searching for locations and everything else.

While my mom and Anne were off planning our wedding the rest of us got comfortable and talked about the album. After chatting for a couple hours Harry and Gemma excused themselves and headed into the kitchen to work on supper. Dad and I tuned into a football match and watched in a comfortable silence.

                         - + - + - + - + - +

The time has flown and Christmas is tomorrow. Harry and I agreed to getting each other just one gift. I am excited to see his reaction to what I got him. It is nothing exciting but it is something that will mean a lot to Harry. I managed to sneak his very worn song book away from him. It has helped how busy he was with getting the house ready for the holidays. I managed to track down where the book was originally made and had them not only construct a new leather cover but also double the pages it held so he could continue to create masterpieces in the same book he has for his first two albums. I just felt this would be a special gift to the man who could get anything he wanted.

We had a wonderful  Christmas together. Harry loved his gift from me. He actually got a few tears in his eyes when he opened it and read the card I stuck inside the cover
Harry,
What do you get for the man who has everything?  The more I thought about this the more difficult it become. I was watching you one day and realized you had been writing notes and verses anywhere you could find space in your song book. That is when I realized your song book was an extension of your soul just as my own is to me. This book holds some much more to you then just songs, it is a part of you. It took some doing but I managed to track down the original craftsman of your very worn leather bound notebook. Then the hardest part was getting it away from you.
I am hoping that I may be one of your muses to help you fill the many new empty pages. May these new pages bring you many more years of beautiful songs to share with all or maybe just me.
I love you with my entire heart. Yours only

Niall

Everyone was done with the gifts when Harry excused himself   When he returned he was carrying the cutest puppy I have seen. He walked up to me and handed me the puppy and said "Merry Christmas Ni, this little guy was in need of a home and I thought he would be the prefect addition to our little family". Not going to lie, but my heart just melted when I got to hold that little guy.

 Not going to lie, but my heart just melted when I got to hold that little guy

A/N

So sorry for the very long wait. I just haven't had time nor have I had the motivation to write. I don't know how many times I started and deleted this chapter. My plan it to have jumps in time to the important events in the lives of Harry and Niall. Thanks to everyone who has read and is still reading along.