XII 🌹

Correct Answers Lead to Rewards, Those Lead to Punishments

Meep.

I let out a yelp as my hands fell flat onto the dashboard in order to protect my face from hitting the hard plastic, I was once more roughly pulled back onto the back of my seat as the car came to an abrupt stop. I let out a sigh of pure relief as I prayed in every single religion I could think of to protect me during this quite... thrilling car ride.

As I settled myself back onto my seat, I could feel Hoseok's fear radiating before I heard Jin's loud groan. "Yah! Hoseok! I said you could drive! Not kill us!" The eldest shouted, making Hoseok let out a bit of a whine.

"It's okay, Hoseok, just please try to be more careful when you brake." I instructed and he flashed me a perfect smile. 

"Understood, Captain (Y/N)-ah!"

I chuckled at the nickname; after we had dinner, we instantly got ready to go to school, and since Hoseok was practically dying to practice his driving, I decided to volunteer and be the one in the passenger seat, the role that everyone was afraid of. A few of the boys were quite disappointed that I chose to sit up front with Hoseok, by a few of the boys, I mean, all of them; especially Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi.

During the whole of dinner, I felt their eyes on me, and despite my stay and diverse experiences in the household, I still could not get used to their powerful gazes; they felt like a hundred of stabbing knives, stabbing knives of pure and devoted attention, that is.

Throughout the rest of the drive, it went smooth, so much so, I found myself no longer having to instruct Hoseok on what to do, as he had caught on pretty nicely all on his own. This gave me time to think, think about everything that had been going on this past week. It was a pretty, well, hellish week to say the least. Even so, the feeling of not liking it here or the feeling of dissatisfaction never made its way to my heart, and it didn't feel wrong to be here either, quite the opposite actually; the more I stayed, the more I felt like I belonged here, in this small secluded town.

The nature of the boys still fazed me a little and I still had a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around their warped realities, I didn't understand numerous things either, and I had so many questions, even so, I was still, well, I wouldn't say happy, but I was definitely not as gloomy and depressed as I had been the first day here. I recalled my sense of fear, and even though it was still present, it lessened greatly, perhaps because with every second that passed by, I saw more of the vampires' persistent humanity that simply came out with every little action they did, especially whenever they displayed... affection or neediness.

I blushed furiously at the thought, but I still smiled, perhaps their humanity had to do something with my being here, I wasn't sure, but I hoped so. As I thought of them, I couldn't help but let my brain race back to the dream I had, with the woman, Troian, she was a bride too, much like myself, and she toyed with them like they were her own dolls, I wondered if what I was doing was the same.

The thought alone made my heart twinge and my stomach churn, I could feel the burn in my throat from the ache. Was I like her? Frankly, I didn't wish to be. She was charming, recklessly graceful and her beauty was beyond compare, but beauty was worth nothing if humanity wasn't present.

Even so, I felt quite uneasy. What if she started out the way I did? After all, I had kissed four of them already. What if I turned like her? A heartless player who toyed with their hearts like two drunken men would with a dice? It frightened me to no end, the idea of losing every single principle I had lived by and my humanity was the thing I dreaded the most.