Chapter 4: Clarke

Chapter 4: Clarke

The work is hard and tiring, but we aren't allowed to stop. Just as soon as we think Murphy or Bellamy aren't looking we collapse on the ground in exhaustion. They always catch us.

When Murphy and Bellamy go inside, they still watch us. I'm still working on the wall, but Finn has been put to making weapons.

I look around me. The wall is finished, but the consequence of that is that my hands are bloody and raw. Finn - who can't stay sat down for more than an hour - is pacing around restlessly. The night sky is beautiful with the bright moon shining above us.

"Clarke," Finn calls. "Help me with the weapons?"

I rush over to him and inspect the weapon he has made that looks more like a screwdriver than a knife.

"Sit here," he says and points to his lap.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. Show me how to make something that could actually hurt someone."

"Okay."

I sit on his lap and put my small hands over his big ones and begin to sharpen the blade. When I've corrected all the faults I hand it to him.

"There you go," I say.

"Well, it's much better than mine."

"I guess."

"Clarke." His tone is serious. "Do you love me?"

"With all my heart," I answer truthfully.

"Good." He smiles with his eyes. "Because." He kisses my forehead. "I do, too." Then my nose. "So much." And finally my lips. A heavy rain has started to fall, making the moment even more romantic.

"I don't care what anyone says, we're going back inside," I say after we break apart. "It's freezing out here."

"Good plan." He hands me his jacket. It smells just like him, and it's become my favourite smell in the world, even if I can't distinguish it. It smells like trees and firewood, and something sweet.

We walk inside and find a hammock that hasn't been taken up. I lay on Finn's chest, his jacket covering me and keeping me warm. Our breathing is heavy and the moment is perfect, and right now, there's no place I'd rather be.

***

"No!" Finn screams as he thrashes around under my grasp. "Stop it!"

"Finn!" I shout and try to wake him up. "It's just a dream."

He wakes up and his nervous eyes soften as he looks at me. "Clarke," he says quietly and hugs me close. "Oh my god."

"It's okay." I stroke his cheek. "I'm here, it's okay."

"What was that?" Murphy shouts from the opposite side of the drop ship. "I guess Spacewalker really is afraid."

I can feel my blood boil as I stand up. "Do you even know what just happened?" I scream. "Do you know what Finn goes through every night?"

"Clarke, don't," Finn starts but I continue.

"You think you know people, Murphy, but you don't. You really don't. I'm tired of your bullshit."

"Us, too!" someone shouts.

"And me!"

An uproar of shouts arises. I look around at everyone. They all seem to hate Murphy as much as me and Finn.

"Clarke's right," Bellamy says unexpectedly. "We're tired of your bullshit. We want you out."

"What?" Murphy questions. "You're the one talking bullshit now."

"Out."

Murphy leaves reluctantly and glares at me one last time. "I'll be back, Bellamy. And you better watch out, Princess." He then leaves with everyone staring at me.

***

A/N

Sorry I've been away, I'm back now! This update is late because Wattpad decided to delete half of it

And also... 60 reads??? This is insane! But I guess there isn't much competition if you search "Flarke"  into Wattpad...

Also check out the other Flarke story by @Molly_Stories (I think). It's called Flarke ~ A Love Story. Of you find it, leave a comment saying "@goth_badger loves this story"  because I do!!!

Byeeeeeeeeee