Chapter 24: Clarke

Chapter 24: Clarke

*four months later because tbh it would get boring for both of us if we had to read through stuff that I want to make nerve wracking but actually goes too quickly for that to happen*

I puke into the bushes for what feels like the thousandth time over the last four months, and wipe my mouth with the sleeve of my jacket. I feel so ill and fat whenever I sit down; I never feel up to anything.

"You couldn't be fat with one hundred babies inside you," Finn tells me. 

 "I don't think you'll be saying that in a couple of months," I say. "I won't even be able to get up. I'll happily stay in bed with a pillow for company."

We're interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Maybe you won't just have a pillow for company," Finn says.

"It's Bellamy," Bellamy says from behind the door. Normally he would be the last person I want to see, but right now I don't mind. He saved Finn's life after all - I owe him.

"Should I let him in?" Finn whispers.

"Yeah, of course."

He opens the door and Bellamy stumbles inside, looking around the room. "Finn, can I talk to Clarke quickly? Alone?" he asks.

Finn looks at me for approval, so I nod. "Sure, I'll be in the other room." He reluctantly walks through the door where he can't see us but is almost in earshot.

Bellamy turns to me. "You know a few days ago, when everyone found out you were pregnant and went crazy...?"

"And you went crazy, too?" I ask.

"That was what I was gonna talk to you about. I'm really sorry I had to flip out like that; I was just annoyed and I guess I'll admit I was jealous. I'm still kind of jealous now."

"Bellamy Blake - not really the one to apologise, are you? But in all honesty, thank you, I accept your apology. Anything I can do for you?"

"It would be wonderful if you could bring back the dead but aside from that, no thanks."

"Who would you bring back?" I ask seriously. "I want to know."

"My mother, Wells, a grounder or two - and maybe even Charlotte, I kind of miss her." He says them all without hesitation. I could bring Bellamy to Charlotte, it might work, as long as no one else finds out.

"But Charlotte killed Wells," I say. "And you liked Wells, you said so yourself."

"Charlotte reminded me of someone I knew, but I can't remember who it is. Whenever I saw her I would think of someone like that." I can see the sting of tears in his eyes. "Is it crazy? Is it crazy that I feel like that? For all I know, the person could be in my imagination."

"It's not crazy at all. I always felt like that when I was with Wells. He was my best friend and he was the most amazing guy on the Ark; he's in first place with Finn. And you're not far behind. It felt like I used to know people like that. They were like the perfect people."

"Glad I'm not the only one." He laughs, wiping the small tears away. "I should leave now, I've apologised." He places his hand on the doorknob.

I struggle to get up but eventually do and see that Finn isn't in the other room anymore. Where could he be? Bellamy opens the door and Finn stands there awkwardly with something, someone, behind him.

"I heard your conversation," he says. "and..."

He steps away to reveal the person, and what-do-you-know, it's -

"Charlotte?" They run towards each other and Charlotte leaps into Bellamy's arms. "How are you here?"

"It's... A long story," she laughs.

Bellamy faces me. "I guess you can work miracles."

***

A/N

Ya I know it's really short but at least it's on time. I had writers block and I've started a new story called... wait for it...

Books, Blogs and Basic Bitches.

Tormented by the bullies at school, Eliza can always resort to the Internet. It welcomes her into its loving arms and gives her a different identity, something she's wanted all her life. No one wants to be known as the "nerd" at school, no one wants to be ignored. Especially not Eliza.

Eliza is a fangirl. A mad, book-crazed fangirl.

Like the description? With my book club at school we're doing NaNoWriMo and we're all doing short stories to make a collection that adds up to the minimum of 50k words. I'm using BBB. That is now officially the abbreviation of it.