|7| Out and About|

Lucy sat on the floor playing with the chalk Natsu had given her.

A few months has past since she first met Natsu, since she first explored the home she was under, since she had grown feelings for Natsu.

Yes, in a poor situation such as this one, one cannot think about love, but Lucy did. Lucy Heartfilia has grown feelings for the loving and tender Natsu Dragneel. He is the only boy she has interacted with since she was eight. He watches out for her, takes care of her, gives her attention.

And he-even though very flustered-offered to buy her proper undergarments. To see him actually trying to make her living conditions more comfortable was sweet of him. But what she wanted most in the world was to escape, and Natsu escaping with her.

A rough slam of the basement door startled Lucy. She was scared that the slam was from Father Igneel, he couldn't see the chalk since he wasn't the one to give it to her. Lucy couldn't risk getting Natsu in trouble at all.

"Lucy?" She heard Natsu's voice. Lucy abruptly stood up and ran towards him. She jumped and hugged him having to slightly bend down. Natsu was an inch or two smaller than Lucy, but she didn't mind.

"My dad is going to be out for a week." Natsu said as his grip around her waist tighten.

"For a week?" Lucy asked into his hair, "why?"

"Since my father has missed too many days of work he was going to be fired, but if he could go on a trip to the states they would reconsider."

Lucy hugged Natsu even tighter, "does that mean I can go into the house?"

"This means planning for our escape."

"Already?" Lucy questioned, "I thought we were waiting until we are at least seventeen, so we won't be questioned too much from the police if they see us."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't plan. I have ideas but they seem too far fetched." He cupped his chin with his two fingers, "I have a friend who wants to meet you."

Lucy's eyes widen, "you told someone about me?"

Natsu nodded slowly, "I had too, he is very useful. But don't worry, he's cool."

Lucy nodded, "when can I meet him?"

"Tomorrow, for now you are coming to my room."

Lucy nodded and allowed Natsu to lace their fingers together. He slightly pulled while he walked into his room with the words Knock!.

He opened the door and let her in first. Lucy stared in awe at the boy's room.

It was fairly sized and covered in posters. He had a computer in the corner and a closet in the other. The bed was in the center and had grey covers.

"You can sit on my bed." Natsu offered as he sat in his black office chair.

Lucy sat on the bed feeling the cushion underneath her. She fell backwards on it relishing the soft feeling.

"Mm." She hummed as Natsu chuckle.

"This is way softer than a floor." Lucy admitted causing Natsu to frown.

"Isn't there a bed down there?"

Lucy rolled her eyes playfully, "yeah, an old rickety bed that can fall in any second. I'm good thank you." She rolled around slightly, "but I am more than okay with taking yours."

"Yeah right." Natsu rolled his eyes playfully as well. He crawled into the bed and laid on his chest while Lucy stayed on her back.

Natsu stared at Lucy in content. He felt bad for her but he refused to pity her too much. Lucy wouldn't want him to.

"Oh before I forget." He stood up and walked towards his dresser immediately blushing. He picked up a bag. Natsu threw it towards Lucy who caught it.

"What is this?" She asked as she opened the bag.

"My friend Erza, um, I also told her...actually I might have told almost all my friends."

"Natsu!" Lucy shouted in disbelief.

"I know I know, I'm sorry. But on the bright side they all want to help you. My friend Erza have me those." He said as he pointed towards the bag. Lucy pulled out two sets of undergarments with wide eyes. "I don't know if they fit you, but you two looked the same size so...please don't be mad! When I asked her she almost killed me!"

Lucy giggled. "Thank you." She eyes Natsu seeing his face covered with a red tint. "I appreciate it. Hopefully I can meet all your friends."

Natsu's blush calmed as he smiled sweetly, "I hope so too."