|10| Morality and Cameras|

The thought of morality or ethics can always be different depending on the person, no matter what anyone says.

Igneel believes he isn't doing anything wrong whatsoever when it comes to Lucy or her parents. But of course any sane person would tell you he deserves to be locked up forever for what he did and continues to do without regret.

Lucy understood morality as well as anyone else could, but then again as we just discuss everyone thinks differently.

The thoughts of what was good or bad circled Lucy's head as she slept on Natsu's bed. He offered to sleep on the couch near Gray instead of her going back down to the basement. She loved the soft covers and the coolness of the room but loved even more the smell that emitted from everything in the room. It smelt of him (Natsu) and she couldn't get enough of it.

Strange isn't it? To be attracted to a smell like Lucy was? She was so engrossed in the smell she didn't realize how strange she might have been.

Soon a cough erupted from her throat and the dryness ensued. She sat up and climbed out of bed. She rubbed her eyes as she walked towards the kitchen to pour herself water.

Lucy reaches the kitchen and pulls the door of the refrigerator. Chill air hit her as she reached for the container with water. She grabbed a glass cup from a cupboard and poured herself water.

As she drank the feeling of being watched yet again made a shiver go down her spine. It wasn't Lisanna and the stare wasn't as intense. She looked around until she saw a red flashing dot on the ceiling.

At first she squinted her eyes having no idea what it was. She wanted to turn the lights on but Natsu was in the room right next to the kitchen and she didn't want to wake him nor Gray up from their well deserved slumber.

She opened a few nearby drawers and soon found a small-but still useful-flashlight. She turned it on and pointed it towards the red dot. Her eyes widen as she realized just what it was.

Suddenly the lights turned on. She turned around to find a half asleep Natsu.

"Oh hey Lucy." He said in a weary voice, "came for water as well?" He questioned.

"Natsu," Lucy audibly gulped. "You didn't tell me you had surveillance cameras in your house."

Natsu stared at Lucy in a confused way. "What?"

Lucy pointed up at the small camera in the corner of the room. Her hand was slightly shaking as she stared at it.

Natsu gasp lowly and hurried to wake his friends. "Shit shit shit." He murmured as he went into his father's room were the girls slept.

Lucy paced back and forth in the living room. A groan was heard next to her and a groggy voice spoke out, "what's going on?"

"There are cameras around the house! So that must mean Father Igneel has been watching us this entire time!" She whispered. Gray's eyes widen and walked towards the room Natsu did as well to check on Juvia.

Lucy was hyperventilating, who knows what Igneel would do to her or her new friends when he gets home.

Has he seen the video footage yet? Lucy pondered. Is he watching right now?

"Lucy!" Levy called out as she ran towards her. She enveloped her short arms around Lucy's stature. "We have to leave, now."

Lucy nodded. "I totally agree."

They started to walk towards the front door before Lucy stopped, "Where would I go?"

Levy sighed as she thought, "maybe to mine or Erza's home? Our parents are rarely home since they have time consuming jobs."

"We should destroy the camera just in case." Gray propose. Natsu nodded and followed Gray into the living room.

They quickly flipped the camera off with their middle finger for a bit of humor and pulled it from its spot. They watched as it fell to the floor and they stomped on it.

"Lets go now!" Erza said quickly as she pulled Lucy's wrist and ran out the door. They all walked in a group towards Levy's home.

Gray and Natsu were on the outskirts of the girls as they stood in the middle. The night wasn't the best place to be as young children but they had no other choice.

"There!" Levy pointed towards a large home not too far, "that is my home."

Everyone's speed increased as they ran towards it. They stood at the doorstep and waited for Levy to pull out her house keys.

"How long do you presume we may have to stay here?" Lucy questioned watching Levy fiddle with the keys.

"Perhaps a day or two. So we can actually figure out what might be happening." Natsu said in a shaky voice. His attempt to be calm wasn't working, he didn't want to scare Lucy at all but he was scared himself. He didn't even bring his phone with him let alone any money.

Lucy entangled her fingers with Natsu's. A gesture not only to express feeling but a gesture to calm him and allow Natsu to collect himself.

"Okay come in." Levy opened the door.

Juvia shook her head, "I should be going home since there was a change of plans."

Gray nodded and held Juvia's hand, similar to how Lucy did the Natsu. "If Juvia is leaving, so am I."

Erza smiled, "I will stay here for tonight." Lisanna nodded, "me too."

Levy smiled and wave good-bye to Juvia and Gray.

"Tomorrow we discuss more. This'll be a hard task but we can do it." Levy said with a determined smiled.

Lucy nodded. "Yeah." She responded with her most courageous tone of voice, but of course it was sheer humbug. She was afraid, and now she wasn't only afraid for herself but a group of people. If anything were to happen to them it was because of her, she was the problem.

Natsu laid his head on Lucy's shoulder. Tickling her chin with his hair.

"Damn my father and his supposed morality."