|13| Promises and Sadness|

A wash of dysphoria casted over Lucy as she sat down in the metal chair with binds hold her down. She wore a blindfold but under that blindfold her eyes produced salty tears that burned and soaked the material.

"Lucy?" Igneel smirked staring at her. "I'm going to bring my untrusting son so you may talk to him, one last time." He back away with hands behind his back, "I love you so I'm allowing you to see him again."

He opened the door while still facing Lucy. His smirk grew wider. "Use your time wisely."

"How much time would we have?" Lucy questioned. Igneel smiled as Natsu walked in with a slightly limp, "not telling."

Natsu walked towards Lucy with sadness. When he reached her he took no time at all ripping the blindfold off. He enveloped her in a bear hug but Lucy cried as she couldn't with her arms tied tightly.

"I'm so sorry Lucy." Natsu rubbed her head; the only thing of her body that wasn't completely strapped down. "This is all my fault."

Lucy shook her head. "Don't blame yourself."

Natsu sniffed. He must have been crying a lot since his face was red but mostly the tip of his nose, like Lucy.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because I don't want you to grief over me." Lucy closed her eyes trying to stopped the over flowing tears.

"Once I grow older I promise the first thing I'll do is find you Lucy." Natsu kissed her forehead, "and then we'll escape together." He kissed her nose. "After all," he muttered against her lips, "all parents have to let their children go at some time."

Lucy wanted to lean forward, as she seen on television and heard from her late mother, first kisses were important, not something to dwell on for so long, but important nonetheless.

She closed her eyes waiting for the long waited kiss. But it never happened. She felt lips press on her cheek but never her lips.

"I'll see you in a few years Lucy." Natsu let out a sing tear, "I promise."

Lucy smiled weakly.

"Don't forget, promises are for keeping."