Chapter 6

"Thanks." Cywren smiled. Cierra had kit her out with clothes and a bed. She knew it'd be strange going to sleep every night.

"No problem." Ven- Jordan's sister replied, "If you need anything else, I'll be downstairs or in my room."

Cywren nodded, and Cierra left, leaving her to the loneliness of the room. It was nicely set out. The furniture was oak, but the main theme was blue; blue curtains, blue carpet, and bed covers.

Out of habit, she searched the room for enemies. It wasn't that large, and she knew that there was nothing, but she couldn't rest without seeing the safety for herself.

Having checked every last corner, Cywren sat on the bed. She didn't know what to do next. Venturian always found something to do, when he was in her head, that is.

Finally deciding that she couldn't just sit there, she looked around the room some more, actually acknowledging the items instead of just looking around them. To her delight, she found some non-fiction to take her mind off things.

In the morning, Cywren almost forgot where she was. When she saw the turquoise ceiling, her first reaction was the simulator, same as last time. She immediately bolted awake, but relaxed again when she recognised the room from the previous night.

Getting out of bed, she wondered what she was supposed to do. Obviously, in this world you didn't have to wake up and immediately shoot things.

After changing into jeans and a tshirt of Cierra's, she wandered downstairs. She had no clue what time it was, but all the siblings seemed to already be in the kitchen.

It was quiet when she walked in. Everyone looked half asleep, apart from Bethany, who was currently frying eggs. Jordan sighed when he saw her, "Hi."

"Cywren, what do you want for breakfast? I did you an egg, but if you don't want it I'm sure one of them would. You could always just have a bagel or something."

She looked at Bethany, confused, "A bagel?" She'd never heard of one before.

"Its like a ring of bread. You know what. You can have both if you like." She took the pan off the hob, "Well, I'm done here. Sorry if they're not the best."

In a few minutes, breakfast was served and eaten. Cywren couldn't get over the food. It was different to the Wasteland stuff. Mostly she never ate anything at all.

When everyone had finished, Jordan, Isaac and Cierra seemed more awake.

"What do we do now?" Isaac brought up.

"I have no clue." Cierra said in her most helpful tone.

"We could show Cywren stuff." Bethany suggested, "Like what we do for a living."

Jordan nodded, "Okay I guess."

"What should we do?"

"Uhh, just G Mod? I mean, fallout's kinda out of the question..."

"Ok then."

Cywren was finding it hard to concentrate on what they were saying. It was like her mind was tired, but her body wasn't. It was a bit of a strange combination. She shivered suddenly. "Sorry... What are we doing?"

"Garry's mod. You'll see." Jordan replied.

The four siblings made their way out of the room, obviously meaning for Cywren to follow. But it took a few seconds for her to process that. A few seconds later, the weird feeling was gone as quickly as it had appeared.

She followed them then, reminding herself that in new territory, even if it seems safe, you can never be 100% sure you are.

___________________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

Yup! I know its a rubbishy chapter. Please forgive me! D:

Remember to check out First Chapters and Beginnings! There may be something worth looking at!

Hope your day's cooler than a Tessla Cannon!

Naomi xxx