Chapter 18

The policeman started to follow Sarah up the stairs when suddenly his radio spiked up with what sounded like a "Come in, come in please." Everyone watched as he picked it up and talked into it.

"Officer Caster...yes, I am...but sir...couldn't someone else...?...yes, sir...thank you, I'll be there soon."

Caster looked up at the multiple pairs of eyes watching him, "Well, I have to go. Sarah, I can't leave you with civilians unsupervised." He then looked at Jordan. He'd assumed he was the leader of the household since he was eldest, "Another house's computer has been found with a suspected piece of coding. I've been called to supervise the recheck of the code. This means that your upstairs computer won't be checked unless your neighbour's computer is cleared." Jordan nodded, "I would check it now, but there isn't time. It should take a few days to thoroughly go through the codes for Miss..." He checked his list, "Lyon's computer."

Jordan thought that adding that small fact on the end was a bit odd, but it helped them a lot. Maybe he was trying to help them? But why'd he do that? He had no reason...

Mr. Caster nodded to Cywren before he and Sarah walked out of the door. He seemed to have taken a liking to Cywren. Maybe that was why.

Nothing seemed to make sense any more.

There was a short silence once they left. Bethany then decided to go make waffles. It was nice to celebrate the small victory. Plus, he wasn't sure if Sally had tasted waffles before*.

---

Wasn't Sarah's last name Lyon? It couldn't be a coincidence... Cywren thought to herself. The waffles Bethany had made earlier were delicious. Sally had eaten the most. She seemed to like them more than that character the syblings had. What was her name? Sally Acachalla. Well maybe not quite as much...

"I'm going to go upstairs. We have more time to get this to work. Might as well use the time wisely." She said.

Cierra nodded, "Jordan! It's your turn to edit! I need to go to the shop. We're out of waffles. And carrots."

"Fine! But I very clearly recall editing the Gmod video yesterday..."

"Just do it." Cierra grinned, "Sally can come with me to the shop."

"We'll go play Destiny then." Isaac said. He sounded pleased he got the better end of the deal.

Cywren walked upstairs slowly. She'd started to feel left out. She always had to code, and that was all she did. But she knew it was important.

She wished, almost every second, that she could talk to Timebomb. He was alwaus there for her if she needed him, and she never really told him so.

She sat down once again at the computer, booting it up again before she realised she needed the code she'd sent to Cierra's email.

"Cierra?" She called downstairs.

"Cierra's gone!" Isaac called up, "Why'd you need her?"

"She's got all the codes I need on her email."

"Right...well, d'you want to come watch Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles** with us? The wifi's playing up."

"Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles?"

"Yup. It's about these turtles...well...you'll see."

Cywren nodded slowly. She knew they had some of the same movies here that she'd watched when she was a kid, like the Lego Movie he'd mentioned one day, but some were just plain strange to her.

"Great!" He said, "But Bethany has to find it first..."

"It's not as if you're helping!" She heard from the kitchen.

"You're right." Isaac grinned, "I'm not."

_________________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

Sorry it's a bit short...as I said, I have a friend over.

Anyway, on with the asterisks:

*(If someone mistook that for Sally Acachalla...I wouldn't know what to say.)

**(Haven't watched it myself, but hey.)

Aaaand I have an announcement!

This book it in the top 20 on the VenturianTale tag!! ^.^

Thank you all sooo much!

Next, I'm going to aim for 25 chapters of this book due to popular suggestion :)

Aaand if you want to enter a character PM me before the 24th chapter or I won't be able to write the 25th chapter.

Thanks! :D

Book of the week is G-mod & Book Clubs by theorbess540! I especially like how Maxwell and Jimmy are on the good side.

Thanks again!

I hope your day's cooler than Lincoln's Rifle (with ammo preferably) xD

Naomi xxx