4.

*Still Awsten's POV* 

Okay so the woods where boring as fuck. 

Don't get me wrong they're pretty but holy shit I would literally rather do anything else with my time than take a stroll. But hey I made my bed now it was time to lay in it, or rather walk in it. 

I was looking for the wolf, maybe a stupid idea to do it in my human form but that was how I wanted to roll. Walking back to where we where attacked, I could see blood staining the grass, from the bear or the wolf I didn't know. 

I saw wolf paw prints in the dirt, turning, I sniffed at them before trotting off in the direction that the scent lead off into, I hoped I didn't run into any type of river. That would kill the scent by a fuck ton. 

Thankfully I didn't run across any rivers but I did run across a small cabin with smoke curling from the chimney. I was a little shocked. It was so close to the river, Rian didn't care? 

I trotted up to the door and was about to turn back when the door swung open and I couldn't help but cower. 

A man was in the doorway, a mop of unruly brown hair on top of his head, caramel green apple eyes and holy shit was he ever muscular. And tall. He was at least a good six foot five.

He also smelled like wolf. He smelled like a mixture of wolf, blood, earth and smoke. The man looked at me and smiled a little, kneeling down and offering a bandaged hand, 

"Hey pup" He said in a soft voice, "what're you doing out here all alone?" 

Bracing myself, I turned back, standing up nervously and looking at him, "I uh....I'm one of the wolves you saved from the bear, I wanted to thank you" 

The man blinked in surprise before he stood too, his soft smile not leaving, "Well...no worries, My names Zachery Merrick" 

"Awsten Knight...So uh..Thanks" i mumbled and Zach's eyes shone with amusement, It was a pretty shine, "What're you doing here?" 

Zach frowned a little then half smiled, "didn't realize it was anyone's territory, I can talk to your alpha" 

"I can take you" 

"No!.....No, It's fine Awsten, I'll be okay" 

"Alright Zach, See you later?" 

"....Sure Awsten" Zach said before walking off into the woods, I went to leave before I noticed a rather large black pelt drying on a wooden rack. I swallowed heavily when I realized it was the pelt of the bear that had almost killed Geoff and I. 

I felt like there was more to Zach than met the eye.