I did end up going back pretty quickly. 

I'd stolen some pastries that Kristo had made. Soft, flaky and full of strawberry jam that Xo made the previous day so I knew it would be good. I put them in a basket as well as a bottle of juice and headed off to Zach's house. Feeling a bit too much like red riding hood as I did so. 

When I got to Zach's house I noticed some meat hanging from a tree branch by rope and another pelt on the rack, this one looked more like a deer pelt however and there was a pair of antlers near a blood stained patch of grass. Shaking my head, I knocked on Zach's door and he opened it. The first thing I noticed was the dark circles under his eyes and how tired he looked but he still smiled when he saw me. 

"Hey Awsten" Zach said, "wanna come in?" 

I hesitated, I'd really only meant to drop off the basket but a few minutes visit couldn't hurt could it? 

"Sure, would be nice" 

He stepped aside and I walked inside, putting the basket down on the coffee table and sitting on the couch, curling my feet under me and Zach closed the door and walked over, sitting beside me. 

We talked about a couple of things, how my pack was, how I was doing, how he was doing and once I asked that question, Zach frowned. 

"I've been...tired lately" 

"Sorry Zach...what's with the deer outside? You go hunting?" 

"Yea, Hunting helps when...urges start to surface, no one gets hurt and I blow off steam" 

"No one except for the deer" I said which made Zach laugh, 

"Yea I guess so, what's with the basket?" He asked and I perked up, I had almost forgotten why I was here in the first place. 

"Close your eyes and open your mouth" I demanded and Zach rolled his eyes before complying, closing his eyes and opening his mouth with his tongue sticking out. He looked adorable. 

I took a doughnut from the basket and put it in Zach's mouth, 

"Okay now bite" 

He bit down and his eyes snapped open, chewing and looking at the doughnut cross eyed before he swallowed, 

"That's gotta be one of the best things I've eaten lately" 

"I'll bring you more next time I visit then" I said with a smile and Zach nodded, 

"Please?" 

"Only cause you asked nicely" I said, smiling and giving him the rest of the doughnut which he wolfed down. Excuse the pun. 

We talked a little more after that about nothing, he looked exhausted so I kissed his cheek and left so he could get some sleep. 

When I got back to the pack, Geoff was waiting for me. 

"Where were you?" He asked and then his nose flared, "and why do you smell like an alpha?" 

"I made a friend is all" I said, brushing him off and starting to my house before Geoff grabbed my arm, 

"Awsten its an alpha, if you're mated-" 

"I'm not mated!" I said, yanking my arm from his grip, "I just made a friend is all. He's nice" 

"So you went off the territory" 

"No...he was near the borders" I lied quickly and Geoff narrowed his eyes but seemed to believe me, walking off to his house and I went to mine, quickly changing into comfier pants before climbing into bed, holding my shirt up to my nose and inhaling. 

It smelled like the smoke from Zach's house, smiling a little to myself. I curled up and fell asleep.