15.

Zach was snarling at Alex who whimpered, trying to crawl backwards until Zach lunged at him again, Alex rolling out of the way just in time and Zach growled which sounded more like thunder rumbling to me. I wanted to help, I really did but I was frozen, my limbs felt glued in place while my eyes and mouth were wide open in shock. 

Otto looked petrified, Geoff seemed just as stunned as I was, Zach finally managing to get Alex down and before I knew what happened, he had bitten Alex's throat which made a scream tear from Alex. I heard Rian yell from the doorway before he tackled Zach, pinning him down which made Zach go nuts. Clawing and biting at Rian while Rian tried subduing him which did not seem to be working. 

Hesitating, I walked over to them and knelt beside Zach, ignoring Geoff who yelled at me that I was crazy, 

"Hey Zach" I said and Zach seemed to stop struggling, looking over at me and softening almost, I smiled weakly, 

"Hey pretty...I need you to calm down for me okay? Can you do that? For me?" 

Zach stared at me before his eyes slowly sank back to their original gorgeous green, Rian looked a little startled and Alex seemed glued to where he laid on the ground. 

"Awsten?" Zach whispered hoarsly, "What happened?" 

"You uhh...attacked Alex" I said, gesturing over to the other wolf who Geoff was currently trying to make stand, Otto was cowering and I knew why, he hated death and Alex wasn't looking too good. 

"Oh...Oh fuck" Zach whimpered and I moved to place my hand on his shoulder to which he flinched away from me, 

"Don't!" He said, sounding terrified, "Don't" 

"Zach you won't hurt him" Rian tried to soothe, 

"You don't know that! I freaked out just by Alex saying some bad shit about you and Otto!! I-I gotta go". 

Getting up, Zach ran off and I went to follow him but Rian stopped me, 

"Don't, it's best to leave him alone for a few hours" 

I whimpered but nodded, shrinking back and watching Rian go over to Otto to see if he was okay, I stared at the door where Zach had run out of, wondering and hoping he'd be okay.