Chapter 48

The drive to the small diner was a little over an hour. We pulled into the parking lot at exactly 8:01. All of the lights inside the diner are off and there is only one other car in the lot. I park the car and turn the headlights off. Clare, Miranda and I get out of the car, locking the doors behind us and looking around the lot for Callie. She said 8 right?

She's here. I can sense her.

But where?

She's inside the diner.

I look to the door of the diner, and see Callie looking out the window at us. She motions for us to come inside. Clare loops her arm through mine and Miranda takes her place on my other side. "Are you ready?" Clare whispers.

"Ready as i'll ever be." I tell her as i walk through the door. The diner seems to be abandoned with white sheets covering the tables and chairs, with a thick layer of dust coating everything.

"You came. I honestly wasn't sure if you would. Please sit down." Callie says to us, me in particular. We all take a seat, and sit in an uncomfortable silence. "So Abigayle, who are your friends?" Callie finally speaks.

"This is my Beta Clare Toms, and my best friend Miranda Drail."

"Nice to meet you ladies. You must be wondering why i have asked you to come here."

"Yes." The three of us say in unison. Callie gives us a shy smile.

"Well first off, congratulations." She says.

"Congratulations? With what?" I ask truly confused.

"With your pregnancy." How did she know? I haven't told anyone except Clare and Miranda and they wouldn't tell a soul. "You are pregnant right? My wolf is never wrong. She has a sense for these kinds of things. I'm assuming Grayson doesn't know?" I shake my head no. "Well at least your little guy will have 1 friend." She says rubbing her stomach.

"You too?" I ask her.

She nods her head. "I know it's not my place but you should tell him."

"So what did you want to tell her?" Miranda blurts out. I elbow her in the ribs. "What? You were thinking it, I just had the balls to ask."

"Have you heard of a witch named Jazz?" I freeze at Callie's question.

"How do you know Jazz?" I ask.

"She is Johnathon's sister. Her along with her mate and son have gone missing recently." Callie says sadly. "We don't know where she went, we thought she'd be here."

Miranda scoffs. "She was."

"Was?" She asks. Then the realization hits her. "Oh my Moon Goddess."

Callie wipes a tear from her cheek when the realization hits me. Wait, son? "Did you say she had a son?" I ask.

"Yes. He should be about 5 by now. Our daughter Caroline has tried to track him down, but we can't find him." Callie tells us.

"How has she tried to track him down?" Clare asks.

"She is a witch. Jazz has taught her everything. All the females in the Whittlock family have the trait, except Clarice."

"She's a witch!?" Miranda yells.

"I can assure you she won't be a problem. She isn't even fully trained." Callie retorts.

"And that is suppose to make us feel better?" Miranda yells again, rising from her chair.

"Miranda." I scold her. She sits down beside me again, and slows her breathing so that it's back to normal. "So, what does this mean for us?" I ask Callie.

"I think we should stay in contact Abigayle." I begin to object but she cuts me off. "I know our husbands would be against it, but i just have a feeling that we are going to need each other." She reasons.

She's right, i have the same feeling. I nod in response and rise from my seat. Clare and Miranda follow my lead and stand as well. "We'll be in contact." I tell her. I then walk out of the diner and into my car. Pulling away, Clare looks at me with a questioning look. "What?" I ask her.

"Why did you agree to keep in contact with her? Grayson is going to flip when he finds out."

"Then i just won't tell him." Ayle doesn't like the idea of keeping things from him, but her and i both know it has to be done. "Plus, he's going to be a little distracted with some other news." I say with a smirk.

"I like her when she's like this." Miranda says from the back seat. I smile in the rearview mirror at her. Clare lets out a huff and sits back in her seat, looking out the window, not saying another word.

We pull into the driveway of my house, and Clare is out of the car before i even turn it off. Miranda and i walk casually up to the door and open it quietly, not wanting to wake the children. "Where have you been?" Raven growls, grabbing Miranda by the waist and bringing her close to his chest.

"Relax will ya?" She turns around and places a small kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"Abigayle Rebeca Silverman. Where the hell have you been? You do realize that it is almost midnight right?" Grayson says from behind me.

"I know and i'm sorry. Can we go to bed please?" I beg.

"Have fun you two." Raven says, wiggling his eyebrows. The three of them walk out of our house, leaving us.

"Come on Alpha." I say pulling him by the hand up the stairs. I take my clothes off the second we get in our room. Grayson comes up behind me, snaking his arms around my waist. He begins placing sloppy kisses on my neck. He turns me around and pushes me against the wall, without lifting his lips from mine. He presses his hips against me, making me moan out in pleasure. He growls at me and slips his tongue into my mouth. I wrap my fingers around the ends of his hair. I pull away slightly, "Grayson. Grayson, we can't." I say with a disappointing sigh.

"Why not?" His eyes widen when he processes what i have said. "You're pregnant?" He asks with an excited and cheerful expression.

"No, i find you disgusting and repulsive. Yes i'm pregnant." He presses his lips against mine hungrily.

"I love you Luna."

"And i love you Alpha."