try again

a/n here's your special chapter as a thank you gift. also happy thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate it, enjoy my thank you gift.

Previously:

he grabs my hands and holds them for a couple of seconds then pushes them away. he softly mumbles.
"i-i'm going to was-sh my f-face now..."
and slowly walks away.

all i could think now was

"what have i done to you jinnie? did i hurt you this bad?"

<seokjins pov>

i turn the faucet on and let the water run. i look at myself in the mirror. i failed, i cried and cried in front of him, because of him. all the things i didn't want to do, i did.

i take a handful of the water and splash it on my face. the cool water drips down my neck and inside my shirt. i let it. usually i'd squirm and try and dry myself but now it's the least of my problems.

i have to face him. though i was avoiding him i'm in this situation where i have no choice but to start over with him. figure something out. not only so things aren't awkward between us. but also for me, i might find happiness. i have jay right?

i hate to say it but i have this weird feeling. like my heart wants to find happiness but can't find it with jay. he's a great guy yes but still, there is something there that's weird. i want to be happy for once. but i feel like that's something only taehyung could fill.

sunhee took him from me and that's the only problem. she doesn't even know our history together. and tae and her seem like a great match, making me feel like sh!t. i have to hide my feeling for him. i hope we can find a friendship with each other though. so at least we're not weird.

after staying in the bathroom for what seemed like an eternity, i mustard all my courage to get out. i was expecting taehyung to have left already but when i saw him leaning on the wall in front of the bathroom i was shocked. he gave me his warm body smile.
'oh how i missed that smile'

i smile back. small but reassuring i'm okay. "we need to talk" he says. i just nod and follow him into the living room. we sit down and just stay quiet. he clears his throat and grabs my hand. i look at our hands then at him. "look jinnie, i know i've upset you and probably hurt you. but i want to change that. i want to start over. as friends."

i just nodded my head in agreement, ignoring the pang in my heart at the word "friends" what did i expect though? him to just break up with sunhee and run to me? of course not. he likes her, hell he probably loves her.

"i just want to say i'm sorry, sorry for cheating, sorry for leaving, sorry for leaving you to hurt on your own. i know it's all hard to take in but i want to make things right. that's why i wanted to talk. seeing you ignoring me hurts." he pauses and takes my silence as a way to continue.

"please forgive me jinnie." he tightens his grip on my hand. i feel a single tear fall down my face, but i'm quick to wipe it. it takes me time to think of what to say back. what i want to say is.

'no because of you i've hurt for years. you made me suffer. how could i forgive you?'

i also wanted to say.

'yes. please fix my shattered heart. it needs you and only you to put it back together. you're the only person that can do it'

but i somehow said. "listen taehyung, you've hurt me. you've betrayed me. that takes time to heal." i pause and look at his face. his eyes drop to regret and sorrow. but what i say next gives him some hope.

"but i am willing to give you another chance. so we can help each other. i feel like we both needed some closer. " he gives a sad smile. i give him the smallest one.

"sooo, we're okay?" he asks trying to make sure he heard the right words. i nod. as soon as i do that he stands up and lifts me up. he hugs my waist tight. i can't help but giggle. he twirls me around and i hug him tightly.

"thank god!! i was scared you'd still hate me." he says still holding me. i chuckle. yes it hurts that he just wants to be friends but we can't get em all.

i'm just happy that he's hugging me it reminds me of when we were together. and i just loved it so much. i didn't want to let go. so i didn't and neither did he. we were so in the moment we didn't hear the front open and close.

we're still hugging until we hear a familiar voice.

"taehyung what're you doing?!"

🦋
i promised another chapter and gave it to you guys! sorry for posting late though. because of the whole thanksgiving event i had planned today i had to wait until we were done. anyway happy thanksgiving! and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.
🦋

word count: 904