The Next Stage

Kon'nichiwa minna! OpalHippocampus799 here with next chapter of Kitsune no Akuryo. It's been awhile...for me at least, but I final finished this chapter. (Whoopy!) Kitsune has experience his worst mission yet. After unleashing the Kyubi, Danzo-sama is sure to be mad, mad enough to experiment on him...

Kitsune's P.O.V.

     I followed Danzo-sama after the formal pleasantries deep in the ROOT base beyond many doors and more seals into a secluded room.

    Inside the room was a table with straps on it, nothing more, nothing less. I looked at that table fearfully. Danzo-sama gestured toward it. I slowly got onto it. I allowed him to lash me to the table, but I apologized incessantly, "I'm sorry, Danzo-sama. I won't do it ever again. I promise. Please. I will suppress the Kyubi's chakra. Please, Danzo-sama."

    "Quiet!" came his harsh voice.

    Once I was secure, Danzo stood over me, "Kitsune, you know how dangerous the Kyubi is don't you?"

    I nodded my head vigourously, "I promise--"

    "Hush," Danzo-sama's voice was soothing, "Yes, you know. These bidding are for my own safety as well as yours. In here, you can't hurt anyone but me, but you don't want to do that, right Kitsune?"

    I shook my head. Never in my life would I dream of that.

    "The straps protect me when we release the Kyubi."

    My eyes grew wide. I shook my head vigourously, "Please, Danzo-sama."

    "I'll be with you the whole time."

    I eased but only slightly, "You'll help if things get out of control."

    "Yes. Once we have completed your beginning training, I will send you on new missions for Konohagakure, so that we can save everyone, not just those of the Hidden Leaf."

    I nodded at the words, trying to relax against my raging heart. I knew that letting my emotions get the best of me at such a crucial time would spell my doom as well as Danzo-sama's. Besides, if I finished this training, I would be allowed to help everyone, so I tried to think about Danzo-sama and the times he cared for me. I thought about Kione and all the time he spent with me even as a fellow ANBU.

    Danzo-sama stood next me near my stomach. "We begin," he stated as he pulled up my shirt.

    My stomach inked itself in a swirl before eight prongs shot out from it. Danzo-sama stabbed his chakra coated fingers into my stomach and half turned them. I screamed bloody murder.

    "--ill be unbalanced."

    "Danzo-sama."

    "What?"

    I gasped between breaths, "What were you saying about 'unbalanced?'"

    "Hm. You will be unbalanced after this, and Kitsune. Only I am allowed to touch the seal holding the Kyubi," Danzo-sama told me pointing at my stomach. With that he wrenched the seal, and I only saw darkness.

    I awoke in some place dark. Light seemed to glow beneath the water that swirled at me feet. It was my only light. All around me were walls, great stone walls that curved over to form the ceiling. It seemed that these walls stretched into eternity. All too soon everything sped and came too close. I was suddenly out of that passage and in front of a set of iron bars, a huge bars with darkness on the other side.

    "Foolish human," a voice spoke.

    It was a heavy voice, one weighted with power and anger, something that might crack the ground on which I stood. It sounded familiar.