13. New year's eve eve

"So I guess the money I was saving for college can be spent in something better now."

Beca Mitchell staying as still as she could glared at her mother as the doctor finished the stitching up.

"Once again, how did this happen?" The tall man asked to the diet standing before him.

Letting out a sigh Beca recalled the earlier events.

"Do we really have to go ice skating?" Beca asked her mother as she tied her ice skates.

"No." Her mom said. "But it's been so long since I've seen you fall publicly."

Beca playfully pushed her mother to the side and stood up. Trying no to lose her balance. "How hard can this be."

The pair tiptoed their way to the ice where families were already racing or skating around the place.

"Fuck's sake." Beca exclaimed as soon as her foot almost slips on the ice. "I'm not liking it."

Her mother was standing perfectly in front of her, laughing hysterically. "You remind me of Bambi."

The brunette teenager offered a sarcastic smile at the older woman. Finally, she managed to stand up on the ice, still struggling to balance.

"Not bad for a Mitchell." Her mother laughed making her daughter roll her eyes at the comment. The woman continued to laugh, losing her balance at some point and falling on her back.

Now Beca began to laugh hysterically at the poor sight of her mother trying to stand up in front of her.

The evening was spent racing on the ice, trying to make the other one fall and trying to avoid killing a whole family with their lack of skating skills.
The unfortunate came when less expected.

While Beca and her mother laughed making the way back to where their shoes were they kept on slipping on the ice and falling on their butts.

"Tell me you didn't have a good time." Her mother said as she untied the skates.

Beca looked straight into her mother's eyes. "I didn't have a good time."

As she untied her skates her foot wouldn't come out. Maybe it was the skate that was too tight or she didn't untie it properly.

"What do you think we can have for dinner?" Her mother asked. "I was thinking fried chicken."

"Well." Beca said putting her left ankle over her right knee trying to free her foot from the skate. "I was in the mood for pasta but chicken doesn't sound bFUCK."

The older woman turned around to look at her daughter who's just screamed in pain.

Beca had freed her foot. And blood from her forehead.

The doctor looked down at the teenager.

"You sliced your forehead with your skates?"

Beca nodded.

"Trying to take them off?"

She nodded again.

"By pushing them upwards towards your face?" He asked as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Now Beca was embarrassed to nod again.

Meanwhile, in Atlanta, the girls were gathered around at Emily's room talking about their Christmas and the party.

"I have to admit I thought this year was going to be wilder." Amy said, earning a few nods from the other Bella's.

Aubrey released a relaxed smile. "Thankfully it wasn't."