11. Stand straight

"Chloe is Chloe."

Stacie, who was talking to a guy, looked at her friend confused. "I'll be right back." She told him before walking away.

"I know who Chloe is, what's wrong with you?"

Beca facepalmed herself for talking like an idiot. "No no, I mean, no. Chloe is the phone girl."

"Yeah, I also know that."

Beca grabbed her friend's face and pulled it down so her head was at the same height as Stacie's. "Chloe the red head is Chloe with sick grandfather."

Stacie gasped as she brought her hands to cover her mouth. "Does she know?" she whispered-yelled.

"I think she doesn't have a clue." Beca replied.

"So?" Stacie asked impatiently.

"So what?"

"Aren't you going to tell her?" She said as if it was the most obvious thing to do.

Beca weighed her options for a moment. She could tell Chloe she was the girl who talked to her for months over the phone but the thought of letting her know she was the same girl that the red head helped with maths, or even worse, that she was the one who played the guitar trying to comfort her made her feel all levels  of embarrassment bu-

"Beca."

Her thoughts were interrupted by certain green eyed girl.

"Wait for me, okay?" She asked her friend who nodded before walking away. "C'mon."

Shannon walked with her down the hallway away from the community service group and anyone who could possibly hear them.

Beca stopped in front of a window when she thought they were far enough from everyone.

"so listen..." She began. "I'm sorry for uh, being so weird."

Shannon quirked an eyebrow at her with a smile.

"I mean after the thing that happened last weekend-"

"the kiss?" She asked making Beca shift uncomfortably.

"...yes." She awkwardly replied. "can that stay between the two of us?"

"You think I'm a snitch?" Shannon asked, notoriously offended.

Beca quickly shook her head. "No, it's just- I- fuck." She breathed out. "I'm not the way I acted at that party, if you understand what I'm saying. I don't want to give you a wrong message."

"Beca, I know you were drunk. It's okay." Shannon knew Beca wasn't that drunk, the girl even said she might be gay after kissing her and that wasn't something she would forget soon, however, Shannon thought Beca might need comfort. "Things get messy, stuff happen. And I don't automatically fall in love with every girl because I am gay." She added.

Beca breathed out relieved. "I'm glad you didn't got the wrong message, because I'm not into girls."

The other girl forced a smile on her face. "Yeah."

"I mean I do as friends but not romantically OR sexually."

"I get it." Shannon said again. "You are heterosexual, "normal"." She said making the air quotes.

Yet, the word heterosexual sounded so weird to Beca. She wasn't gay, but heterosexual? That was making her feel a mixture of emotion between uncomfortableness and relieved.

The green eyed girl in front of her started to feel a bit saddened. "Are you going to avoid me like every girl at school does?"

"I'm not an asshole." Beca scoffed. "You are cool, I'd love to get to know you better dude. I like you."