5. Bump into me

Sunday once again, Beca was sitting with her signature black leather jacket and Converse next to Emily on the backseats with her head against the window. Killing the engine off her family started to make their way out of the car and, reluctantly, so did she.

As they walked through the church's parking lot, Beca took a glance at Emily who couldn't stop fidgeting with her fingers. "Everything okay?" she asked in a low voice to Emily.

Emily nodded with a smile. "I'm actually pretty excited, it's Chloe's first performance and..."

When Emily said that girl's name Beca's mind fell in a waterfall of thoughts. She and Chloe hadn't spoken after that night call, she did try to call her but there was  no luck and the brunette was starting to get worried.

"Beca?" Emily snapped her fingers in front of Beca's face.

Beca looked around and she realized she was already sitting down inside the church. She then looked at Emily who was holding back a giggle. "Oh yeah, break a leg?" What are you supposed to say to somebody who sings at the choir.

Emily rolled her eyes before leaving to meet her group.

The girl looked around the place and couldn't find Stacie nor Benji, who was supposed to come only because of Emily. She decided to go outside and see if the boy had gotten lost or something but as soon as she stood up her father grabbed her by the wrist.

"Where do you think you are going?" He whispered-yelled at his daughter.

Beca yanked her wrist in a successful attempt to free it. "Chill, I'm going to look for Benji."

Passing through the long lines of the wooden prie dieus she reached the door and pulled it open only to bump into a choir girl, judging for the way she was dressed.

"oh shoot, I'm so sorry." The girl stopped to apologize.

However Beca didn't even raise her sight, she kept it on the floor. "It's okay." She quickly replied to the redhead as she left the place.

Once Beca was out of the church, the girl turned around and quickly made her way to the back of the church where she was supposed to be meeting Aubrey.

"Shit I'm so late." Chloe thought to herself.

Beca, on the other hand, calmly looked for the curly haired boy and eventually found him next to her family car.

"What are you doing out here?" Beca asked him grabbing his attention.

"Hi Beca. I figured at some point one of you would come to look something in the car, would find me and then I won't have to go inside alone and make a fool of myself trying to find you." He shrugged, the poor boy was shivering.

"No one gets out of the car, enters some place and comes back just in case." Beca laughed.

"Yet here you are, aren't you?" Benji said as he wiggled his brows at her.

Beca rolled her eyes. "Whatever, come." Placing a hand on the boy's back she guided him inside with the rest of her family.

Meanwhile, the girls were getting ready since the service was about to start.

"You will do more than great." Ashley reassured Chloe. "It wasn't even that late, Aubrey is just uptight."

Chloe nodded frantically. Taking a deep breath she managed to calm down and smile to the crowd of believers.

The lady in the organ gave them a thumbs up, that was their cue to start. Now with the addition of Chloe's voice their sound was much better.

Just then Beca with her hand still on Benji's back walked through the door grabbing some of the girl's attention, specially Chloe's who now took a better look at the girl she bumped into earlier but the girl seemed to be to focused in something else.