15. Let's party

The sound of the doorbell froze Beca completely, stopping her piano session.

"Yes?" Beca asked as she walked to the door with her keys.

For some odd reason Beca didn't wait for the response as if serial killers didn't exist.

"Hold up, what?" The brunette said as she saw who was standing behind the door.

The red head's words got caught in her throat. "Uh I- "

"Shit it's freezing out here, come in." Beca said, still confused.

"Uh I talked to Emily at church this morning and asked her if I could come earlier." Chloe nervously explained. "She said there was no problem, but I can leave if I'm bothering or if this is too strange it's ju- "

Beca let out a laugh she couldn't hide. "It's okay Chlo, I don't mind." She shrugged.

In fact, she did mind, a lot but it's better to deal with someone who is at ease than with an awkward person.

"It's not like I don't know you." The brunette said laughing nervously.

Chloe smiled at Beca.

"I haven't had dinner yet, have you had dinner?" Beca asked leading Chloe to the kitchen.

"Kind of." The red head laughed. Beca looked at her confused. "I was at the uh"

"Hospital?" Beca asked as she turned the oven on to heat the dinner.

"Yeah, I knew I couldn't spend new year with my grandad so I went to visit him to have like, you know, a clear conscience." Chloe explained as she sat down. "Anyways, hospital food isn't quite great."

Once Beca was done with the food and the oven, all that was left was to wait for the food.

"Do you...maybe...want to take off your coat?" Beca asked unsure looking at the grey coat of the red head that had melting snow.

Chloe looked at her coat. "Thing is..." She said as her blue eyes now pointed at Beca who's back was laying against the kitchen sink. "I'm wearing the clothes I'm supposed to wear to the party and you are..."

It wasn't until that moment that beca realized she was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. "Crap."

Chloe began to laugh.

"Ha ha ha, fuck you Chloe Beale." Beca said with a smile. "Well I have no idea what I'm wearing tonight."

"Need some help with that?" Chloe offered as she got up from the chair and walked towards the brunette. "That way we'll both be wearing classier clothes and I won't feel so weird."

Rolling her dark blue eyes, Beca agreed and the pair made their way to the brunette's bedroom.

"hm." Chloe hummed making beca turn around. "Last time I was here I was greeted by a shirtless woman."

The red head laughed as Beca's face turned into a light shade of red. "Shut up, Beale."

For the next 15 minutes Beca'd tried, at least, a thousand different outfits while Chloe sat on her bed, inspecting the room with her eyes. She'd never had the time to actually see the room with much detail.

For instance, the bunch of framed pictures on her desk.

"I think I got it." Beca said as she stepped into her room with a pile of clothes on her arms.

Letting the pile fall on her bed, the brunette allowed Chloe's eyes to see her outfit. Beca was wearing a tight white dress above the knee that covered her chest and part of the shoulders.