|| Ch. 11 || My Salvation ||

enjoy! Above is Brittany's collage, I introduced her a chapter or 2 ago but I didn't have the collage ready at that time. But rn I do... sooo here it is!

CH. 11 - My Salvation

"and then suddenly ... all the love songs were about him"

Previously on the Badboy's Mission ...

"I want you to look good tonight..." Jess pouts.

"Geez, thanks for calling me ugly" I roll my eyes.

"That's not what I meant - by the way, for the dress do you want straps or no straps?" She asks digging into the wardrobe, ignoring my comment.

"Straps definitely" I slouch onto the chair, playing with my paint tubes.

She jerks the art supplies of me. "You are not going to splatter your hands in paint today. Oh, and by the way, I'm not going to be here this weekend".

"Whatttt? Why? How?" I splutter.

Jess grins back. "It's just for the weekend, family gathering"

"Better call me Bitch" I smile.

"I will" She assures. "Now let's try again with those heels?"

Currently on the Badboy's Mission ...

SYDNEY'S POV:

"Gorgeous" Jess beams as I stare back at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't look like Sydney Flores at all.

"Oh. My. God. I told you to keep it simple!" I exclaim. She had gone completely overboard. My eyes are bedazzled with eyeshadow, Oh well at least the eyeliner's on point.

"Nonsense, it's perfect." She grins, packing up her gazillion palettes of makeup. "This is a date, so act like it"

I shrug. "Maybe, it's a ... 'you're my best friend' date?"

"There's no such thing as a 'you're my best friend' date" she rolls her eyes and then gives me a creepy grin. "Wait! Before I forget".

That's when she holds up a square packet, winking at me.

Oh lord, she needs some holy water.

My eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "Jess!"

"Protection is necessary ..." She smirks, shoving the condom into my purse.

"Are you planning to kill me in the middle of this forest?" I joke.

"I plan on doing other things ..." Ryan replies suddenly way too close. He could make me feel vulnerable without even touching me, Ryan Stone had that effect.

He looked insanely handsome in anything, absolutely anything. But tonight's different; Ryan and a leather jacket is a match made in heaven.

"Dressed up for me, kitty?" he traces his fingertips over my dress strap, the blood rising to my cheeks.

"Nope, dressed up for myself," I say, my voice cracking.

He leans further in, whispering the next words into my ear. "In that case ... you look gorgeous".

I flush even more. By the time I collect myself, he's already walking again.
That teasing bastard.

"We're here," he says.

I sigh with relieving, wearing stilettos was definitely a bad idea.

My jaw drops open when I take in my surroundings. Shimmers move across the azure surface of the lake in front. Bright green gems dancing on the trees, they're fireflies. Heaps of them, swarming in the branches lighting them up.