|| Ch. 16 || Cappuccino ||

enjoy guys! thank you so much for your support so far. 

Q & A

1. How many chapters do you plan to make this book? Ive been asked this question by several lovely readers and i roughly estimate it to be about 40 chapters long.

1. Do you plan to do a sequel to 'the badboys mission'? Eh, i'm not sure yet to be honest. It  depends on how this book ends. 

If you guys have any others question just pm me or ask me in the comments 😊

CH. 16 - Cappuccino

-sometimes I wonder if love is worth fighting for, but then I remember your face and I'm ready for war.

Previously on the bad boy's mission ...

Chris is a nice guy. He's all about good grades, soccer and innocent glances.
No trouble or bad influence, no mischievous smirks.
Chris isn't like Ryan.

Ryan ... I ignore the twisting ache in my chest and focus on Chris.

"You're not listening are you?" He furrows his eyebrows and the ache is replaced with guilt.

"I'm – "I bite my lip, "I'm sorry, I zoned out".

"I was asking what your favourite restaurant is," Chris says and I meet his green gaze. His eyes are specks of emerald, while Ryan's were stormy blue.

The kind of blue eyes that you get lost in, the kind that just drowns you.

"She loves Thai" a voice comments.

I widen my eyes; don't let it be who I think it is.

I look up through my lashes, looking into those blue eyes.

Currently on the bad boy's mission ...

SYDNEY'S POV:

"Ryan?" Jess gasps out.

A shiver runs down my spine at the sight of him. Just one week and it feels like it's been months since I haven't seen him. I dare to look into those stormy eyes and I can't read them.

"Who's he?" Xavier squints at him suspiciously. Yep, protective brother mode on.
I don't blame Xavier though. Ryan leaks the bad boy vibe, trouble is his last name and hectic ideas probably run in his veins.

"- he's nobody" I snap.

"Now that's not very nice" Ryan shakes his head, making his way into the booth sitting next to me. "I'm Ryan by the way, Ryan Stone".

"I'm Xavier" Xavier gives Ryan a nod, but I know my brother. He's going to bombard me with questions when we're alone.

I stare down at my hands, my fingers bit to the quick. Please just go away.

"Uh, how do you happen to be here?" Jess shifts in her seat awkwardly.

"A coincidence" Ryan shrugs innocently.

Yeah, coincidence my ass. There are tons of restaurants in Connecticut and he just happens to be in the same place as us.

Jess gives me a pitiful glance before turning back to Xavier who's saying something about Texas.

"So", Chris clears his throat. "You up for a movie, sometime?"

"Yes, that sounds good" I fidget with the sleeve of my sweater, plastering a smile on my face.