Chapter 7

Edited – 2/11/2020

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

For the first time in a long time, it was completely silent in the house.

My parents were out together, Tilisia was with Ain, and Jake and Amy were with the kids.

I looked around the house to see if there was anything to do. Regardless of what Amy suggested, I didn't think about anything I wanted to do alone. Instead, I started to tidy things up. Unfortunately, mom kept everything super clean so there wasn't much to do. Eventually, I forced myself out of the house and into the city.

After a bit of driving around, I found myself in the parking garage of Atlantic Station. I had no clue what I was going to do there, but I got out anyway.

I had been wandering around for almost an hour and still hadn't found anything to do besides get ice cream. I wasn't hungry enough to eat and I wasn't a fan of clothes shopping either.

I had seen multiple couples walking around and holding hands, and it reminded me of how single I was. I didn't necessarily miss Kimberly, but I did miss having someone to hold. I missed the sound of someone laughing at my jokes even though they were horrid. I missed the body heat of just having someone standing next to me for the sake of being close.

I missed it a lot.

But regardless of how much I missed it, I wasn't even sure where to begin to get it again. I hadn't flirted with a girl in years. I didn't even remember how to. Amy is the first girl over eighteen that I'd hung out with in a long time, but the only reason we hung out was so Tilisia and Ain could spend time together.

I didn't really want my friendships to be based off Tilisia's play dates. Then again, Ain is Tilisia's first real friend and I didn't want to get in the way of that.

Of course! Tilisia!

I could go check on their play date.

Without giving myself time to second guess it I walked back to my car and drove to Centennial Park where they were hanging out. When I walked up to where Amy and Jake were sitting, they turned around and groaned loudly.

"Dude, what are you doing here?" Jake asked exasperatedly.

"Well, I did everything I wanted to do and now I'm bored."

"Oh?" Amy chimed in, "And what all did you do?"

I knew I should've made up something up before I came here.

"Uh... well, I... ice cream..." Was all I could get out.

"Ice cream?" She asked.

"I... I got ice cream..."

"Seriously? That's all you've done?"

"A-and I walked around."

Jake groaned loudly, "All you had to do was take one day to yourself, but here you are."

"Well, I'm sorry that I have nothing to do!"

"Both of you keep your voice down. Tilisia can't see that you're here." Amy whisper yelled.

I decided to squat down behind Jake in a feeble attempt to be hidden.

"Good." She continued, "Carter if you won't do this for yourself, do it for Tilisia. I already told you that you should let her have a moment outside of your atmosphere."