Prologue

I was a nobody in school, until I met that certain someone.

I was a loser, while he was everything I had hoped to be.

I was average looking, but he was so breathtakingly handsome that even the flower buds would open up just to take a peek at him.

I was nothing, and he was everything.

An incident in the canteen had allowed me to take a step closer in knowing him, and I still remember how I was a blushing mess when he said my name with that stupidly handsome smile of his.

"Kwon Jieun."

I was shocked as he knew my name even without glancing at my nametag, and was even more surprised when he ruffled my hair.

"Silly, you're always wandering around by yourself, you're lucky that the person you have spilled orange juice on is me and not some bully in our school."

I remember him holding my hand gently, guiding me towards his group of friends that were all looking at us with widened eyes.

Almost immediately, I felt the need to run away out of insecurity, but he held onto my hand even more tightly, as if sensing that I was about to run away.

"Who is she?" One of his friends asked, and he simply said my name with a smile directed at me.

"She'll be joining us from now on." He said, and made one of his friends to scoot away for a seat for me to sit.

I was reluctant at first, shaking my head furiously but he insisted, so in the end, I obliged when one of his friends spoke and greeted me with a warm smile.

And that was how our love story started.

We fell in love, and his friends were all supportive of our relationship.

They knew how much we loved each other, and on the night of our graduation, I gave my everything to him, both drunk with the alcohol we had at the party.

And it happened.

Jina was born.