Seventeen - Blessed

Jina, seventeen years old

Jina's POV

A headache was what I felt when I was finally conscious.

Squeezing my eyes, I lifted my right hand to lightly tap my temple to ease the pain before slowly opening my eyes.

Cold sweats formed on my forehead the moment my eyes landed on Seokjin appa glaring - yes, literally glaring - at me, his eyes burning with fury and anger with his lips pursed and arms crossed.

It was my first time to see him looking at me like that.

"Kwon Jina." He started with a low voice, eyes still staring at me without blinking, making me gulp. "Do you know what happened?"

With my eyes scanning the surrounding, I realized that I was in the observation ward in the emergency department of the hospital Seokjin appa worked in, and felt my heart drop when I saw none of my other dads and even my mum was here to defend me.

I knew that I was really screwed if they had all ultimately agreed that it was the oldest among them all they should send to lecture me.

"Answer me." His stern voice made me lift my head to sheepishly look at him, and tears started to well in eyes before falling down.

"I'm sorry." I blurted, the back of my hands wiping my stupid tears away.

From the blurry vision, I could make out that Seokjin appa's scary gaze morphing into a soft one, and I started to bawl even harder when he sat down on the edge of the bed before patting my head.

"I'm sorry." I repeated, feeling extremely ashamed to even look at him right now.

My thoughts drifted towards my mum, and I felt so awful and guilty recalling her words in the argument we had before the incident.

Sighing, I raised my head up, still sobbing, and accepted the hug the man dressed in his white coat was offering towards me.

Slowly caressing the back of my head, he spoke softly. "It's okay, what matters most is that you're safe now. Just promise me, and all of us, that you will never, ever, repeat this anymore. Do you understand?"

I nodded eagerly at his words, and he released me from the embrace before telling me that he would go and inform the others that I was now awake.

Drowned in my own guilt, I didn't even realize that my mum and the other were now surrounding me, and it was her voice that had snapped me back to reality.

"Jina." She hollered, making me to forcefully lift my head to glance at her worried yet relieved look.

"Eomma." I mumbled, and felt my bottom lips trembling with tears filling my eyes again. "I'm so sorry for not listening to you."

I had expected her to say something, but instead of doing that, she chose to remain silent instead.

Her gaze was still focused on me, and as tear drops fell from my eyes, allowing my vision to be slightly clearer again, I could see disappointment swimming clearly in her eyes, with a hint of relief in them.

"You were drugged, Jina. Do you even know what would happen to you if we weren't there to save you?" It was Jungkook oppa who had spoken, and he who had always chose to just observe and keep quiet while being in the group, I could hear anger and once again, disappointment, laced in his tone.

"Do you feel good knowing that you've made your mum worried for the whole night when you were out?" Hoseok appa lectured, the usual smile plastered on his face not the slightest bit present.

He too, was dissapointed.

Shaking my head at his question, I stifled another sob.

"How many times did we tell you to always be aware of people? That they're always not as what you think they are?" Taehyung appa raised his voice as he talked, making me flinch visibly. Sighing, he continued. "We won't always be there to protect you, you know that right?"

I nodded.

"You're never meeting that boy or his friends again. We have chosen to let them go this time, but if we catch you hanging out with them again, we won't forgive both him, and also you, again. This is officially the last straw." Yoongi appa spoke with a serious tone, and I wasn't brave enough to even glance at him.

I was sure that his glare could probably burn holes if they were laser beams.

"Guys, let's give Jieun and Jina some space to talk." Jimin appa announced, and after patting my mum's forearm gently, they left, leaving me feeling smaller under the scrutinizing gaze my mum was giving me.

Rubbing my arms sheepishly, I peeked at her to see her sitting down on the bed, and exhaled a long and deep sigh before glancing at me again.

"Kwon Jina. Just know that you're grounded from now onwards." She stated seriously, her eyebrows furrowed slightly, and I could only nod while pouting a little. "Don't you dare use that pout on me, you know that it doesn't work on me anymore."

At that, I couldn't help but to smile a little at her words.

My smile eventually grew bigger when I noticed her returning me a similar grin, and I didn't hesitate to engulf her in a hug and sniffed her comforting scent.

"Stupid girl, never do that anymore, okay? We were all worried sick." My mum patted my back, and my tears started to fall again.

Boy, was I an emotional mess.

"I'm sorry. I thought Jaehyung was a nice guy b-but.. if it weren't for the appas I think my life would be ruined by now." I said my thoughts out loud, and my mum hummed in response before releasing me.

I never knew how much my mum truly cared and loved me until the moment my eyes landed on her face.

Although still young, but up close, I noticed how she was slowly aging, and I instantly felt even more guilty than I already was feeling.

"I love you, eomma. And the appas too." I blurted while stifling a sob, making her smile.

"I know. We love you too. So please take care of yourself cause we won't be there forever for you." She spoke while standing up, and stretched out her hand for me to hold onto. "Let's go home now, shall we?"

"Okay." I giggled as I took her hand in mine, and felt my heart warm as I had never felt so at home before.

As we left the ward, I laughed slightly when my dads crashed me into a big group hug, not caring whether other people were staring with their eyebrows raised or not.

Jungkook oppa even had the audacity to knock my head with his knuckles, making me yelp in pain, and also earning himself some shouting and headlocks from the other dads for hurting me.

Gosh, I love them so much.

That was what I thought as I watched the older generations fool around together as if they were teenagers again, and I envied that kind of friendship they had.

They were a group who they called each other proudly as a family.

Appa, to my true biological dad who is in heaven right now, can you hear me?

I want to thank you for giving me a family, even though you're not here physically.

It was silly and blind for me to crave for the wrong type of love from someone who doesn't even truly love me back, but although it's pretty ridiculous to say this, thanks to that good-for-nothing jerk, I now know how truly blessed I am.

So, appa, I will be strong for eomma from now on.

Don't worry and just chill in the heavens okay?

I love you, appa.

-

I feel that this story is going nowhere tbh hahaha

What do u think?