Chapter 1: moving

Lidia's POV

"Lidia! Did you make sure to pack everything you might need?" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. "I checked three times before closing all the boxes, mom!" I replied from my room. Then I became silent for a moment "I still can't believe I got accepted" I said to myself before making the weirdest screech ever. I picked one box and carried it downstairs. "Dad! I need some help here!" I demanded "Coming!" I heard my dad reply from the kitchen. We spent what felt like forever to put all the boxes in the car to get them to the delivery service who'd send my stuff to my dorm in the campus.

When I opened the door of my house a bunch of people jumped and screamed in unison "Congratulations Lidia!" and I saw my mom approaching me with a cake in her hands with a ballerina-shaped candle. Without realizing it I started tearing up and soon enough tears were rolling down everyone's eyes. "Oh my thank you all so much" I started to greet all the people that were there. Then I finally saw that my best friend was also there and ran to her. "Lara! I thought you were on a trip with your parents!" I said surprised while hugging her, she pulled off of me and said "Yeah, but your mom called me and told me she was preparing a party for you and I couldn't miss it! Wait no, how could I miss this party?" She emphasized the how and we merged into a tight hug again. "Girl, I still can't believe they accepted me" I said, and she quickly replied shaking me by my shoulders "Of course they have! Who would miss the opportunity to have such a talented dancer in their school?", "I totally agree" I heard my brother say from behind. "Marcos!" I jumped in his arms like a koala and made him fall on his butt. "What the fuck Lidia! That hurt! Be careful you dumbass!" and then we both burst out laughing.

*three days later*

My parents, my brother and Lara came with me to the airport to say goodbye and wish me a nice trip. I hugged them all and headed to the security check and when I gathered all my stuff I turned around and waved to them. Then I went to look for my gate. I sat down in front of it and took out my phone to message Marcos.

 I sat down in front of it and took out my phone to message Marcos