The Condition

Reminders: If you are a "perfectionist" I suggest na wag mo ng ipagpatuloy ang pagbabasa.
im not an expert writer, actually this is my first time....so i hope you consider gramatical and some technical errors. Just please bare with me... Tnxs,,,,

Enjoy...
Aja!

There goes a saying " Expect the Unexpected".
Well, I always expect the worst out of my day since I'm leaving with my wicked step-mom.
But I'd never expect that in one glimpse, Im going to be my step-mom daughther-in-law.

Althea's POV

Arghhh. I really hate her!!!!!
I mean my step mom. She's started to get into my nerves.
Guess what?
She wanted me to marry his son. Oh my God!
That's the most rediculous thing I ever heard from her stupid mouth.

Where on earth did she get the idea that I will do what she told me. I never even know his son. I never saw him, not at once. And I dont have any plan to marry a total stranger. And I dont want another connection to that manipulative witch. I never dreamt her to be my future mother-in-law. Never.

>Flashback<

Candid: "Athea we need to talk."

Althea: "About what?"I said without emotion.

Candid: "I know from the very start, you dont like me.
Well, honestly I dont like you either. But I have no choice but to get along with you.To stand on your bitchiness and rudeness. "

Naramdaman ko ang pagtaas ng kanang kilay ko. Whats on her? Why she said things like that. I mean I know she's too frank about things. She was aptly name. She's so candid and I found her irritating. Ohhh!!you can't never blame me. I really hate her. And that will never change.

Candid: "Althea," she continued. "I had a proposal for you. I hope you consider."She said confidently.

Hindi ako nagsalita. Talking to her bores me alot. Siguro ganun talaga kapag ayaw mo yung isang tao. Lahat ng ginagawa niya mali lahat sa paningin mo. Ewan ko. Hindi naman ako human hater. Hindi ko lang talaga siya gusto. As in.

My father married her two years after my mother died because of Ovarian Cancer.

Biglaan ang pagkamatay ni mama. Namatay siya na hindi man lamang namin siya naalagan ni Papa. Hindi niya kasi pinaalam yung sakit niya sa amin.
Nilabanan niya yung cancer mag-isa. She was so brave, and pure and unselfish. Ayaw siguro niyang makita namin siyang nahihirapan.

I really love my mother and I love her more because of what she did. Of course, at first hindi ko maiwasang magalit sa kanya. Were family, pero pinili niyang harapin yung sakit niya na mag-isa. Pero habang nagkakaisip ako mas lalo kong naiintindihan yung ginawa niya. Lahat ng tao takot mamatay. Alam ko nakaramdam si mama ng takot katulad ng takot na nararamdaman ko sa tuwing iisipin ko ang salitang kamatayan.

But she is brave enough to face death alone. Mas pinili niyang harapin ang kamatayan mag-isa kesa makita kaming nagdudusa kasama niya. And that is remarkable.

I still remember the pain, the longing, the grief in my father eyes the moment my mothers past away. Sobrang mahal niya si mama. At alam ko sa mga panahong iyon sinisisi niya ang kanyang sarili sa pagkamatay ni mama.

Nakita ko ang kalungkutan, kung paano hinaharap ni Papa ang bawat araw na wala si Mama. It was like seeing him like a living zombie. Parang nabubuhay lang siya pero walang saysay.

Nung una naiintindihan ko siya dahil alam ko na kaya nangyayari sa kanya iyon ay dahil sobrang mahal niya si Mama pero nung nagtagal na I started to feel left alone. Feeling ko wala na akong halaga sa kanya. Wala na si mama, pero andito naman ako. Hindi ba niya kayang maging masaya para sa akin. Hindi pa ba ako sapat para magkaroon ulit ng saysay ang buhay niya.

Lalong lumaki ang tampo ko sa Daddy ko when Candid, my step mom came in to the picture. I hate her the moment I laid my eyes on her. She's beautiful, no doubt. She is a kind of woman that makes you insecure once you stand beside her.

But her beauty is all on physical, I dont think she is a person capable of sacrifice, she is pale in comparison with my mother in all aspect. I suppose Dad never love Candid the way my father love my Mom. I truly pity her but at the same time I hate her.

You know why I hate her? Cause she is not my mom. And she is damn trying hard to replace my Mom in my fathers life as well as mine. She try to manipulate us.

<End of flahback >

Candid's POV

Candid: "Althea we need to talk." I said trying very hard not to show any emotion.

Althea: "About what? "

Candid: "I know from the very start, you dont like me. Well, honestly I dont like you either. But I have no choice but to get along with you.To stand on your bitchiness and rudeness."

Hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang pagtikwas ng kilay ni Althea. Ohh, hindi ko sya masisisi alam ko nung una palang ayaw na niya sa akin. Sa totoo lang wala akong pakialam kung gusto man niya sa akin o hindi. I married her father because I love him.

Pero namatay si Anthonio na iisa lang ang babaeng minahal niya. At iyon ay ang mommy ni Althea. Ginawa ko ang lahat para mapalitan si Lily sa puso at isip ni Anthonio but I never did succeded. Sa totoo lang kahit paano ay napamahal na sakin si Althea, sa mahabang panahon ko siyang nakasama alam ko na mabuti siyang tao. Sadyang ayaw lang talga niya sa akin.

Hindi ko siya masisi. Ewan ko sa tuwing sinusubukan kong maging ina sa kanya. She always misunderstood everything that I did. Hanggang sa ako na mismo ang unang sumuko.

Candid: "Althea. I had a profosal for you.I hope you consider. "

Hinintay ko siya sumagot. Pero hindi sya nagsasalita. Ganito siya pagkausap ako. Parang lagi niyang pinaparamdam sa akin na ayaw nya sa akin. Of course, hindi ako nagpapatalo sa kanya. I always use her my manipulative side. Dahil hindi niya ako seseryosohin kapag hindi ako naging authorative pag kausap siya.

Dealing with Althea is like dealing with a bull, she is so hard. Kaya siguro sumuko si Anthonio sa pagdidisiplina sa anak.

Candid: "Alam mo naman siguro ang nakasaad sa last will and testament ng Papa mo. This house will go under my name. Including some of your father's property.

"Honestly, I also had a fair share of wealth. Hindi naman linggid sa kaalaman mo that I came from a rich family. I mean I loved your father and that is the only reason why I marry him. But still he is generous enough to give half of his wealth to me."

"Now, this house including the shares that your father gave to me in your electronic company as well as the other properties he gave under my name, will be all yours, in one condition."

Nakita ko ang paghugot ng hininga ni Althea. She pretended that she's not listening her eyes focus on a picture frame on my table.

Candid: "Marry my son Althea. And you will have everything that your father gave to me. I said without a pause."

Shock registered on her face. Mula sa picture frame lumipat ang tingin niya sa akin. She gave me an are-you-out-of-your-mind look. She stand up, and put her both hands on my table. Ooops! I think i hit the button. Now the tigress is at wild state.

Althea: "What the hell do you think I would marry your son? I dont even know him. I don't love him."She yelled on me.

Candid: "Well I guess, Time for you to pack up your things cause he's coming home next week. And that is the only choice you have for you not to eliminate here in My house. Marry my son or be gone."

Nakita ko ang sobrang galit sa mukha ni Althea, hindi ko mapigilang mapangiwi dahil sa talim na tingin na ipinupukol nya sa akin. Pero syempwe hindi ako nagpatalo. Kailangan gamitan ko sya ng reverse psychology, like I always did para mapapayag sya. wala naman talaga akong balak palayasin sya eh. Yun lang talaga ang naisip kong dahilan para pumayag siya na pakasalan si JC. My son.