Chapter Twelve

"Ready to be a badass Ave?"

"I'm already a badass without a gun. You've felt it... twice"

It has been half an hour

It has been half an hour. In that half hour my inner Mandy came out and I hoovered down both packets of my rations. What can I say? Mandy doesn't know when to stop. I have walked in circles time after time before I fell down a slope and into the bank of the muddy lake.

Fan flipping tastic.

Getting onto my feet I groan at how dirty and drenched my clothes have become. Hearing Bellamy calling my name I climb back up the slope and towards Bellamy who is stooped to survey something in the ground. Hearing rubble crunch underneath my feet I lower my voice an octave and tell Bellamy "Don't laugh."

"Laugh at wh- Oh my god" Bellamy gasped staring at my muddy clothes wide-eyed. Evidence of our last conversation left him and replaced with booming laughter that echoes joyfully around the clearing.

"Shut up or I'm gonna smack that grin off your face," I threaten him in a serious tone, however, my smirk must have given myself away as Bellamy continues to stare at my mud covered clothes.

"I found a door", he gestures in front of him, hesitating "Unless you wanna go back to playing in the mud?"

Taking a spot beside him I cynically retort "Did it take you all night just to think of that?"

Rolling his eyes playful Bellamy warns me to take a step back. Pulling out his axe Bellamy swings it down hard on the door twice before yanking it open. I'm the first of us to descend the concrete stairs below. Grabbing a torch that Bellamy hands down to me. Together we quietly begin to walk further into the bunker.

Our boots occasionally stomp in the occasional puddle as water drips from the mold cover ceiling. As we move further down through the bunker we come across a skeleton still adorning his ratted clothes. "Hell of a way to die", Bellamy murmurs behind me as we pass it by.

I cringe at the musty smell that I'm inhaling, the mold not helping its oder. "Clarke says we were meant to move in here?" I inquire skeptically, "Cause this place is a dump."