Chapter Twenty Seven

"What makes you so sure I love him?"

"Because of that look."

When the coast is clear we each crawl quietly out from the vehicle, crouching beside it

When the coast is clear we each crawl quietly out from the vehicle, crouching beside it. "Alright", Bellamy begins gaining our attention "Octavia you get his attention. Lead him here. I'll do the rest."

With a swift nod, Octavia hesitantly braves the dark as I spin to face her brother with raised eyebrows, "What am I supposed to do?"

With a small smirk, Bellamy shrugs, "Sit here and look pretty while I knock Lincoln out."

As Octavia begins to call out for Lincoln I give Bellamy a 'really' look which only makes him roll his eyes amused. "What are you going to do then?" I inquire curiously "Because I don't think a hit to his head will keep him down for long. Watching Bellamy reach behind him my eyebrows raise when I see him show me a guards baton. "When the hell did you get that?!" I whisper in shock only for him to shush me. Silently I let him creep past me as Octavia leads him down the side of the car. Standing up I watch from the other side as Bellamy powers the baton and holds it to Lincoln's neck, his body passing out on the floor from the voltage.

I round the corner just as Octavia asks, "Now what?"

Putting the baton away Bellamy tells her, "Now we take him home."

{}{}{}

Trekking with him back to the dropship has been a problem. Carrying all of Lincoln's dead weight has been a difficult task much less heaving him up to the top level of the dropship. But hours later we've finally done it. Using leftover seatbelts which haven't been scavenged we restrain Lincoln as Bellamy had done before.

"I'm going to go get Clarke", I tell them both "She might be able to tell us how we can help Lincoln."

"I'm coming with you" Bellamy eager calls after me but I hold up my hand.

"Octavia needs you he-"

"Go" Octavia cuts me off, sliding down the side of the dropship wall with her sad eyes never once leaving Lincoln's unconscious body "I can watch him."