Chapter Thirty Five

"Wait-Avery?!"

"Wait-Avery?!"

"Let's be honest Clarke. Did you really expect me no to come after him?"

"Point taken."

Walking around five is similar to walking around level two besides the huge '5' painted in light green

Walking around five is similar to walking around level two besides the huge '5' painted in light green. My sneakers pad lightly over the polished concrete floors I remain between Maya and Bellamy who isn't far behind me. We reach a corner but before we can round it a bell sounds, Maya holding out her hand to silently stop us. Once she ushers us around the corner my quick pace slows, my feet refusing to move down the small stairs.

On the wall to my left is countless pictures drawn by children which makes the dull limestone walls more inviting to look at. In block letters in the middle of all the art reads Mount Weather Pre-School. Listening to kids chatter away behind the door to my right my knees grow weak as my face morphs into shock. Coming inside I never considered there to be children who have barely reached the age of five.

"Mister" Spinning around I gaze down at a small boy who is tugging on Bellamy's kaki guard pants, his eyes looking down at the child with just as much shock as me. Stepping back the small boy gazes up to Bellamy with the most innocent of green eyes, "Are you on the ground unit?" Bellamy doesn't seem to be able to respond as he continues to stare in utter disbelief down at the child, "My dad's training to be in the ground unit."

Bellamy seems to slowly get a grip over his body, head nodding slowly "It's pretty cool up there. I hope he makes it." Smiling the kid runs towards the classroom, however, once he passes Bellamy I can feel his clammy hand reach out to take mine. Peering back over to Bellamy I noticed guilt wash across his features. Feeling my wondering gaze on him Bellamy explains quietly, "I killed that boy's father and dropped his body down a contamination shaft." Swallowing hard I give Bellamy's hand a supportive squeeze as he murmurs, "Their just kids."

"What did you expect you'd find here?" Maya quietly snaps towards both of us. When I reign a hard glare down on the girl I noticed her glance away as if he couldn't quite believe she had said those words. Continuing to lead us I tug on Bellamy's hand, shifting his focus back onto our mission. We have to get out people out and worry about Mount Weather later.