Unaccostumed environment

The steps belonged to the archer himself. He looked at me for a moment and started whispering with my conversational partner. I pulled my legs up to myself and draped them with my arms.  Why was i so STUPID to overevaluate myself. I could be at home by now or somewhere else, living a peaceful life. Now i'm here. Dammit.! i thought in mysery. I had the humble feeling again. To obey a man with an eye patch isn't the nicest. I heard the door being opened.

"You can come out." added the guy with eye patch. I slowly got up to my feet and walked towards the door. I walked out and looked at the both of them.

"Don't look at me like i'm about to run. I'm as humble as a puppy now." i said with a slight tone of grudge in my voice.

"Good" said the archer.

"You have met the whole team earlier but now you have to consider the fact that you are going to work together. No fights." added the man with dark compexion, when we started to walk somewhere.

"I'll try" i mumbled more to myself, when i started following them. I think they're weird. Don't they consider the fact that i may attack when i'm walking behind them? I noticed that i wasn't wearing my gloves so i took them out of my pockets and put them on. The archer glanced at me over the shoulder. We reached to a big room, which i thought was the meeting room since the only furniture there was a table and some chairs. I noticed the people around the table. 

"And we meet again" i said with a sigh. They were all looking at me like i was a wonder of the world. A jitter ran across my back and hands

"Acquaint yourself with miss Roberts. And someone has to show her to her room aswell." said the one with dark skin and left. NO! Don't leave me with them! I sniffed in my thoughts and would have ran after him with good pleasure.

Why don't we become aquaintant by name? I'm tired of thinking you guys nicknames." i started the talk. Everyone was quiet. Then i realised that they don't like me very well.

"From right to left: Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers. I'm Clint Barton." the archer decided to destroy the silence and gave the names.

"Thanks. At least someone here has the decency to show some politeness. i said with a half-smile. "and maybe you'll help me find my room?" i said to Clint. He nodded and walked ahead, me following him.

*

I did a light nap in my new room. When i woke up, i went to the bathroom that was connected to my room and saw how bad my hair was. I undid the rat-tail, combed my hair with my fingers and pulled them into a ponytail. I yawned and heard a knock. I exited the bathroom and opened the door to my room and saw there a redhead- Natasha.

"Fury  wants to speak to you." she said curtly and was strarting to walk away.

" What did i do to make you treat me like a serpent?" i asked with a displeased voice. She stopped, her back facing me but then turned around.

"Not only because you were hard to catch, you are also dangerous and remind us someone, who we've been trying to find."  she replied honestly.

"I wont hurt anyone here, atleast until i'm sane. There's no need to get me mad, because you may never know how that can work out. As you can see, i haven't made any attempts to escape so that means i'm here willingly. At least i'm trying to get along with you."  i told her everything that was in my mind at the moment. I walked past her, finding Fury from the cocpit, waiting for me.

"You wanted to talk to me?" i made him known of my presense.

"Yes. I wanted to fill you in." he said.

*

After the long conversation, i went back to my room since i had nothing else to do elsewhere. While sitting in my room, thought through everything that Fury had told me. They were looking for a man that, as far as i could say, was difficult to find. I was the last hope. They wanted to use me as a weapon against him, while being in threat because of that. Pretty crazy situation.

I flinched out of my thoughts, when i heard a knock on the door.

" Yes, the door is open. Come on in!" i answered immediately, making myself more comfortable on the bed. The door opened and to my surprise, Stark walked in.

"And what you have come to say?" i asked right away.

"Just bored..." he said, coming further into the room.

"And? You couldn't even say your own name before." i added, hugging a pillow.

"You  caused all of us a headache since we came looking for you." he said, picking a book from the shelf for a moment.

"Well sorry. I wasn't the one to order you to find me." i bursted out and threw the pillow at him. He caught it.

"You could have just given up right away."  he answered and threw the pillow back.

" Listen. How about i give up right away, when i meet Loki?" i said, raising an eyebrow. Stark looked at me with a not so friendly look. I smiled at him.

"Then i'll kill you personally" he said.

"I was just trying to be funny." i started giggling again and threw the pillow at him again and it landed in the back of his head. "Head shot!" i howled with a British accent. We both started laughing and suddenly i got hit in the stomach with a pillow and because of the fright, i fell off the bed, feet facing the ceiling. My head started aching slightly.

"I should get a helmet. Then i'd hit my head less aswell." i said silently, getting on my feet.

"Good idea" Stark agreed with my thought.

"Why did you agree to take me into the team anyway?" i asked, using my chance.

"We didn't actually. SInce we didn't know who or what we were dealing with. Fury gave us a long lecture about it and made us go look for the wolf. When the wolf ran away, we had to find you." he confessed. I sat onto the edge of my bed and closed my eyes.

"That makes sence why you are keeping away from me. I'm a stranger AND dangerous. My whole life i have managed on my own and now i'm forced into teamwork and cooperation."  then  i realised that i had said, what i had ment to say mentally.

"We also had troubles getting used to eachother's company. They will get used to you at some point when they get to know you. By the way. Your training starts tomorrow. I suppose Fury or someone will tell you more about it."  Stark said and left my room.

"Now a moment to myself to think how much i hate my life." i mumbled to myself and left the room.