The Task

We were all sitting behind the table, looking at Fury pacing. He was mumbling something we couldn't hear. I felt better than hours before and that was a good thing. The bad thing was that i was looking at Fury, thinking that he was a pacing piece of meat. I shook my head to keep my mind straight. I started to think about my past. It was easier for me to think about my past after what i had told Steve everything. I looked ahead myself, at the table. Tony elbowed me, getting my attention momentarily.

"Should we signal Fury that we are here or we sit here couple more minutes and wait for someone other to do it?" he asked in whispers. I straightened my back and coughed. As I thought, Fury glansed at me and looked at the other way.

"Loki has been found." he started talking. "But the place, where he is, isn't that easily accessable. "

  "I'll bring him back." I offered.

"I disagree. It's you that he's after if you haven't noticed it yet. You can't do this on your own." He started arguing.

"That's why the other would be waiting outside. I'll call someone if I need some help. Besides I have limitless powers thanks to which I can smash that flapping bat against the wall." I had an objection. I leaned my hands onto the table.

"The place, where you would have to foil his plans, would be filled with innocent peaople, who could get hurt."  he carried on stubbornly.

"You can try to convince me as much as you want, but I won't give in that easily. I am still going even if you have to put me back into that glass cage." I said, standing up from my seat, showing more self-confidence.

"Dismissed" he said in a muffled voice and left the room.

"That was something new." Natasha said, her voice filled with amazement.

"That's the problem. Wolves get everything they want." I had a broad smile on my face and left the room aswell. When I reached my room, I noticed a black box on my bed. I walked towards it and took the lid off the box.

"Wo..oh."I looked at the clothes that were inside the box with a huge smile on my face. I started laughing quietly as a small child, who has opened a christmas present. I started looking through the items in the box. First I pulled out a jet-black leather jacket. It looked similar to the one I had in my wardrobe. The shoulders were open, but covered with black lace. The back had 5 gashes- all in diffrernt sizes, like someone had made them with claws. The open spots were covered with black lace as well. An odd duo: leather and lace, but they fit together perfectly. I put the jacket onto my bed and took a strapless blouse out of the box. It was silver in some places, but otherwise black. I put it onto the jacket and took leather trousers out of the box. The trousers were similar to the jacket. At some places, leather was cut out and replaced with string, thick lace. There were also gloves. Black, with silver detailes.I also found some knee-high boots. Also black with silver bucles. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Enter!" I gave permission. The door opened quietly and an agent stepped in. At least I thought he was an agent by the looks. He could have been around the age on 27 or 28 and had dark brown short hair and a light tan.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Fury gave the order to fill you in on the mission." he said, closing the door.

"You're not interrupting so you don't have to be that polite." I said out immediately what was on my mind and started putting my outfit back into the box.

"Do you like the outfit?" he asked.

"You don't even have to ask. I don't like it- I love it."  I answered with a broad smile on my face.

"So i'll fill you in on the mission then." he said before sighing lightly and started talking.

*

 "....If you need any help, the rest of the team is waiting for your orders out of the building. If you have any questions, then Fury can answer them." the man stopped talking. I nodded my head after which he left the room.

I went to the bathroom and pulled my hair into a ponytail, which I turned into a bun. The less my hair was in my way, the better. I changed my clothes and put on the outfit. I stopped in front of the mirror.

"Finally a chance to kick his ass." I mumbled quietly and left the room. When I arrived to the Control Room, the rest of the team was there aswell and I immediately received their attention.

"Well-well... This one suits you even better." Tony said immediately.

"Thanks. When will we be departuring?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, and hiding my somewhat fear away.

"Now" answered Clint.

*

"So if anything happens or when you find him, let us know. We'll keep an eye on you." Natasha reminded me for the second time. I turned on the earpiece and nodded. I stepped out of the plain and made my way towards a rather big building.