I hate nightmares

I couldn´t hear any sounds on the night. Any sound at all. I was scared. But i don´t know why. Suddenly, I heard steps from the door. I saw someone who I would rather not look at. His green-eyed gaze on me. He came closer to me and stopped two metres away from me.

"What do you want from me?" i asked silently. My breathing became heavy and my heart sped up.

"I want you by my side. After I have destroyed this miserable place and won, i want to rule it with you, " he answered. He came closer. Every step that he took closer to me, i backed away from him the same amount of steps, until i backed against the wall.

"What if i don´t want to?" i asked, leaning against the wall, my gaze at the floor like a humble  dog. I heard his chuckle and felt his cold fingers lift my chin so i would have to look at him.

"You can't run away from me forever." he smiled. He brushed his thumb over my cheek and smiled weakly. Chills ran over my entire body.

"Loki, I wouldn't die under your hand even if I were suffering under agony." i said in a poisonous tone. Out of the blue, he had a knife in his hands and a moment later it was coming towards me.

Shrieking spread the whole room and I was sitting on my bed. I was gasping for air like i had run around the entire planet and my heart was pumping so fast, it hurt. My forehead was covered in cold sweat. i could hear someone running outside and the door was pushed open.

"Rayanne! What happened!?" asked Natasha half-screaming. The rest of the team and a couple of agents came in right after her.

"A n-nightm-mare" i managed to say through the hyperventilating. I rested my head on my hands and tried to calm down. "You don't have to look after me. It was a good thing that I woke up from that crap." I looked at the crowd standing by the door and put on a fake smile.

"Try to get some sleep again." said Clint and left the room, Natasha and the agents following him. A little bit later the rest of team left. I was on my own again and afraid to fall asleep. I lied down on my bed, eyes wide open and looking at the ceiling. It staid that way until the morning. At 9 O'clock I left the bed and went to the bathroom. I looked horrible. I took a cold shower and put on my "Work outfit". I decided to wear my hair loose even though it bothered me a bit, but it still looked like a curtain to hide my weariness in case I should need to hide it. I left my room. I walked down a depopulated hallway into the kitchen area.

Ray, what happened to you? Is everything ok? i heard Tonys voice from the other side of the room. I raised my glance and saw that Clint was there as well.

"Good morning to you too." i mumbled quietly and sat behind the table, resting my head on my hands. "I couldn't sleep last night. I hate nightmares." i mumbled quietly, but loud enough for the others to hear.

"What did you dream about ?" asked Clint. I leaned backin my chair and looked at the table.

"I never thought i could experience such fear in my dreams." i said with a blank expession on my face. Chills ran down my back. "I was in some sort of a room. I could hear no sound or step that would indicate to something or someone alive being in the building. Suddenly, he was at the door, watching me like a harmless animal. I asked what he wanted from me and got the answer. He said that he wanted me by his side, when he had destroyed Earth, the miserable place, so I would rule it with him. When i refused, he wanted to attack me with a knife and that was the part in which i woke up." I looked up and saw both guys looking at me with troubled looks.

"Was He Loki?" asked Tony.

"Yep." i answered shortly.

"I suggest that you don't listen to what he said. He can climb into anyone's head when he wants to. He tries to confuse you so you would become weaker and that it would be easier for him to get you at some point." said Clint and left the room. Tony sat into the chair, opposite to me, and looked at me with a troubled look.

"Your eyes have gotten darker."  he said quietly. I knew what he meant. It was all because of the fact that i hadn't gotten the chance to go hunting recently. All thanks to my brother's sudden appearance.

"That's what i needed. Until my eyes turn ebon, i will be sane, but barely. I haven't told anyone yet, but last time I went hunting, i found my brother. well step-brother actually." i said and yawned.

"Wait... You have a brother? How did he find you?" he asked some questions.

"He searched and found. He also found some adoption papers from my dad's lab, but the documents didn't say which one of us is adopted. And we can't ask our parents. May they rest in peace." I answered long and yawned again. My thought grew long as an piece of an old yarn of wool. No wonder.

"Where is he at the moment? In the woods?" he continued to investigate.

"Not in the woods. He's in my apartment. You know, my brother and i have a major differance. Namely eyes. Mine are green but he's are icy-blue. Unfortunately i can't remember what colour our parents' eyes were. I would have been able to know which one of us is adopted." I answered thorrally again and could see it in Tony's gaze that he was thinking about something.

"Oh, crap. He may have not been himself, but under Loki's influence. Clint had the same problem once." he finnaly said his long-thought answer. I yaned, again, and looked at him with a blank expression. A minute later, when the information had sunk in, i was like hit with thunder.

"That bat gets to everywhere." I shouted grumpily and hit my fist against the table. I could hear Tony chuckling before someone got into the room

"I heard someone screaming. Something happened?" The one who came was Steve. He stood by the door and I felt his gaze on my back.

"Nothing special. I just found one more reason to kick Loki's butt." i said with a monotonous voice and rest my head on my hands again. I was terribly sleepy but falling asleep was crucial. Steve sat next to me and i felt a hand on my back. I yawned for a second and leaned against Steve. I rested my head on his shoulder and held my hands around him. Less than a moment later i was in deep sleep.

I woke up from my deep sleep, feeling someone holding me and me holding that human. I quietly opened my eyes and yawned. Once again I knew that someone was looking at me.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked, looking at the surroundings. I was in my room.

"5 hours straight. Feeling better?" asked Steve in return. I looked into his eyes.

"Yep. I slept like a baby. You make me calm down." I said with a sleepy smile. Someone knocked on the door.  "The door's open" I said, looking at the door. Tony entered. He had a ear-to-ear smile on his face when he looked at us.

"Fury wants to speak with you." he said with the same expression and left the room, leaving it half-open. 

"I hope he has good news." I said, my voice still sleepy. I let go of Steve. I would have rather clinged onto him, but had no such chance. I didn't want to piss off Fury. I went to the bathroom to make my hair stay more normal, meanwhile Steve left my room.