• 9

Its the day of Ade's dinner, with Star. I'm not thrilled at the least. There's gonna be a weird vibe at the table. I'm dreading this now.

Manny: If I knew your father was going, I would of invited myself.

Me: No, be real with me. Did you always have a crush on my dad?

Manny: Have you seen your father? That man...

Me: Amanda, you have a girlfriend.

Manny: I dont know that girl, from Adam.

Me: Dkm. I'll see you tomorrow for that thing. Keep your eyes off my dad.

Manny: No promises.

Mom asked me to pick Star up, while she, Ade, and dad set the table. Trying to be nice, dad let me take his BM.

I pull up to Stars, in 10 minutes. We've been treading deep waters, ever since that day he snapped at me. I went to knock for him, when the door swung open.

"Hi, Mrs. Wilson. I'm Chasity. Is Star home?" I stood face to face, with the women who bashed on me, for no reason.

"I know who you are. You look just like her" she snarls, walking away from the door. "Star!" she called.

I enter the house behind her. She sat at the kitchen table around the turn, while I stood by the door. I feel her looking at me, making me uncomfortable. Why does this women dislike me, did I do something wrong.

Star came down the stairs, cringing from the wound in his side. "We can do this another time" I watch him, force himself to stand up straight.

He hugged me, "I'm fine, I didn't take my pills yet".

"Did you tell her?" I whisper. His mother is still rudely staring, and Star is hiding his pain.

"Can we have a drama free night?" he sighed, not wanting to bring it up around her.

So tired of his attitude. "Whatever makes you happy" I spoke sarcastically, "bye Mrs. Wilson".

The whole car ride over, was quiet. Star has been in this funk since he got shot, even Caszy and Benny are back to normal. I understand Star got more damage than them, but he's usually the one to act as if nothing happened. I miss it... I miss him.

I get out the car, not waiting for him, but he caught up. I gave him a dirty look, for shuffling to catch me. He doesn't take anything seriously, he thinks he's invincible or some shit.

.

Mom, Ade, and I serve dinner, while dad grilled Star. We all took a seat to eat, Star kissed my cheek as I sat. Ignoring it, I pick up my fork to dig in.

"So Star, how'd you run into my daughter?" dad questions.

"I've always noticed Chas, though school. It was hard not to admire her, and those deep eyebrows" Star grins.

"How come you didn't approach her, all those years ago?" Ade asks.

I forgot, she doesn't know. If Stars telling the truth; you cant try and get with your best friends sister, specially when he's bullying her and talks so bad of her.

Mom, dad, and I all share a look, remembering mine and Benny's school days.

"It wasn't the right time" he spoke up.

Ade saw the looks on our faces, and decided to leave it at that. "Better late, than never" she shrugged.

Throughout our meal, I notice Star pressing against his side. I may not be happy with him, but I'm not a bitch. "I see you" I whisper, nodding towards his shot wound, "do you want to leave?".