To Keep a Target Safe

3'rd person P.O.V
It was a normal day in Mikado city, or at least it should have been.

A Bipedal trion soldier made its way towards Amatori Chika, as she was in the midst of evacuating the civilians with the other c-ranks in the vicinity. The other c-ranks were to surprised and scared and Osamu Mikumo, Chika's friend, was there, but on the other side of the evacuation, being too far to lend a hand. At this point, Kitora had already been cubified(Tamakoma-1 has not appeared yet) and there were still civilians in the vicinity, although not many. This was quite the predicament and Chika was on the verge of being captured. The 6 or so 'tentacles' of the trion soldier emerged from its body and were 5 centimeters away from Chika but then

Bam

A girl in the Border uniform stood there, seemingly calmly as she glared straight at the trion soldier, pistol in hand. The trion soldier, also known as a 'rabbit', turned its head towards the girl, and so did a few others. The people who saw her were surprised at what she did. After all, she was a c-rank agent. "Amatori-senpai, hurry up and run," the girl suddenly said. Chika seemed very hesitant to leave, as she was afraid of herself and the girl who saved her, although she was mainly worried of the aforementioned female. Meanwhile the rabbit made its way towards the girl, leaving Chika behind. "Hurry up! You have a bountiful trion supply don't you!? The target might be you and if not, they will probably go after you at one point, so don't look back and run," the girl stated. She quickly took another 2 shoots on the Rabbit and ran, maneuvering around the many thing around them as she slid, jumped, hopped, stepped, and glided. Chika finally decided to run, and the evacuation moved down, Chika staying close to Osamu. There was also the problem with the 3 mod rabbits but no one was in immediate danger so it would be fine for a minute or so. Meanwhile, Tamakoma-1 were in a car, quickly making it towards Osamu and the others, while the aforementioned girl was leading the rabbit into the forbidden zone. The girl quickly jumped around, shooting here and there as she put one hand to her ear. "Branch-Director Shinoda, are there any agents that can handle the new models in the vicinity?"

"Not currently, but why ask. Wait, what's the situation Miketsu-tain?"

"I shot a bullet at one of the new models to distract it from Amatori-senpai, seeing as she seemed to be one of the targets with her trion levels. It's currently chasing me."

"What," Shinoda Masafumi said, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "What's wrong Shinoda-san," Takumi Rindo asked.

"Miketsu-tain, a c-rank is being chased by a new model."

"Huh! Isn't that bad. More importantly how did this happen," Kinuta Motokichi asked.

"From what I have heard, she said she became bait for Amatori-kun to run away."

"Anyways please find Miketsu-tain's location and Miketsu-tain, how much longer do you think you can last?"

"With how much trion/speed adn stamina I currently have, and the fact that I have been evading rather than confronting, probably 20 minutes or so... unless I get caught up in the crossfire of another battle. However, if I were to inflict a deeper injury, there is a chance I will be able to have it run until it loses all its trion."

"I see, thank you for the report. Kido-san, she said she can last for 20."

"20! Isn't she just a c-rank. Even the A-ranks aren't lasting long, are those numbers really trustworthy," Kinuta exclaimed.

"Well, she is running away from it, not battling it head on. Plus, she was one of the new ones with promise."

"I see, we'll leave her to her own devices until 15 minutes are exceeded, then, depending on the situation, we will send either Miwa or Tachikawa," Kido Masamune said, interrupting Kinuta before he could open his mouth. The others in the room were about to object, then decided against it. After all, the head was Kido.

Meanwhile, Miketsu was silently escaping from the Rabbit, going to areas that were close to the base, yet secluded, with low chance of other agents wandering by. Whether this was intentional or not was something only Miketsu knows, but that was not important. The 'battle' was quite heated and although the rabbit had the upper hand, Miketsu didn't back down. However, all of a sudden, Miketsu's pupils constricted and the Rabbit was consecutively shot on a ear, allowing the radar like left ear to fall off. This took 5 minutes to get done but, made things more difficult as the trion soldier became more bull-like and aggressive. Meanwhile, Osamu was running with Chika behind him, Lamvanein was attacking Midorikawa, Izumi and Yoneya, with the addition of a few other b-class agents and Enedora was confronting Kazama squad. Miketsu was still maneuvering and holding her own, sustaining no injuries at all. That status of her didn't seem to change soon which was greatly helpful to her with her tactics. "Shinoda-san, there is an update on the situation. I have been able to inflict damage upon the new model and it is now missing an ear, so from what I've heard about it's trion levels, it will probably only last for another 15 minutes or so with all the attacks it's using. Therefore, I probably will be able to hold it off."

"I see, we will still send someone just in case though. Be cautious."

"Roger." The battle continued, the rabbit getting close to punching her here and there but otherwise, Miketsu was unscathed. Her defense was not the strongest, but her speed made up for that, along with her stamina. 10 minutes passed by in a flash, 5 minutes or so remaining and then, Miketsu saw a marmod. She quickly turned on her heel, shooting the marmod in the eye, then quickly turned, meeting the fist of the Rabbit 2 centimeters away from her stomach and she jumped back using more force than she had before. The pain reduction was not on her trigger, as she deemed it unnecessary, so she felt the pain the wind's impact sustained. She crouched down and clenched her teeth, scolding herself for her reflexes. 'This is why I am not useful on the battlefield, to sustain an injury at this point in time is why I'm still c-rank,' the girl thought in her head. However she kept on going anyways, swiftly shooting at the right ear of the rabbit. And turning to move to a more convenient area. Meanwhile, the sent agent was running late, and was trying to conserve as much trion as he could, jumping along the rooftops of the buildings. He heard of his teammate's success and decided he should move faster, having an ominous feeling about what were to come next. He already destroyed a trion soldier to protect the base and now he had to help a c-rank with a rabbit, the sudden change of jobs was kind of surprising. He finally reached his destination, only to Miketsu, and 2 rabbits, one green and one yellow. This was surprising, after all, he heard there was only one new model.

Published: 12/08/2018