5. Actual Threat!

Hello!

"Interested? In what Sir? " I asked and he had a little bit of amusement in his eyes.

"In you Miss. Murthy. " His words made my eyes widen.

"Excuse me? " I got up and a smirk came on his lips.

"There's nothing for you to get up Miss. Murthy, I just said that I'm interested in you, the way you work endlessly with full concentration, it's not common among your colleagues and I really like that in you. This makes you interesting and I'm interested." He said maintaining an eye contact and I looked down.

"Actually, there's nothing to be interested about Mr. Malhotra. I just do my work for which I'm getting paid, nothing else. " I told him looking down and he got up from his chair.

He came close to me and pulled the chair, I was sitting on earlier.

"Sit down Miss. Murthy. " His tone had command but I wanted to be a rebel.

"I don't like repeating my words Miss. Murthy. " He warned in a stern tone but I was not going to listen. There is something off about this guy and I'm clearly not interested in experiencing it.

"I'm really sorry Sir but I'll have to leave, I have some urgent work. " I tried to get away making an excuse.

"Stop or you are fired. " My steps came to a halt, listening to those words.

I turned to look at him to find him glaring me.

"I asked you to sit down quietly. " His expressions were cold which really scared me and I did what he asked me to.

I sat down and he went back to his place.

"Why are you so different Miss. Murthy? Your colleagues can kill for being in your position right now. " He said and I looked at him.

"Then please give this opportunity to those who actually desire and deserve it Sir. " I told him and he smirked.

What is happening? Where are others?

"They surely desire it Miss. Murthy, but it's only you in this whole office who deserves it. " Honestly, I was flattered. It's not like The Manik Malhotra praises you everyday, or ever after all. But his every action holds a motive behind and I'm not able to understand, what's it this time.

"We all are here at your service Sir, what do you want from me? " I straight way came to the point and he looked quite impressed.

"Impressive Miss. Murthy, I like it when people without wasting any time, directly come to the point. " He praised again. What is actually happening?

"Thank you Sir. " I thanked him and he nodded.

"So Miss. Murthy, what I want from you is, work for me." I was beyond shocked. The Manik Malhotra was asking me, Nandini Murthy, to work for him? I'm surely dreaming.

"I really like the way you indulge yourself in work and forget everything else. I've been observing you all this while and I think, your talent and capabilities are getting wasted here. Work for me, you'll be paid three times more, you'll have a better position in the company and a better life, exactly what you deserve. "

I was speechless. This office is the first place I've ever worked at, I have never even thought of leaving but if I start working with him, I'll definitely have a better life and I'll get Nalini treated as well.

But leaving like this will be considered as betrayal to the bosses. Damn! This is really confusing.

"I don't know—" "I've talked to your bosses about recruiting you so it won't be considered as a betrayal." He interrupted my sentence and I gulped.

"What did they say? " Some where, in the corner of my heart, I wanted them to say yes, for Nalini, for myself.

"They were okay with it, but they asked me to ask you first." He told me and I looked down. Did they actually say yes or is he fooling me?

"I need some time Sir, if you don't mind. " I didn't wanted to sound disrespectful, after all I can't afford offending him.

"You have today Miss. Murthy, tell me by the end of this day. Anyways I'm buying 60% shares of this company. " I was dumbfounded at this piece of information. What the actual hell!

"What? " I asked in disbelief and my coffee arrived.

He took it and took a sip.

"Ahaan. " He confirmed nodding and I looked away.

"Our taste matches Miss. Murthy. " He said taking another sip of the coffee.

"Why? " I asked and kept the mug on the table and crossed his arms.

"Because I'm a businessman and I want to. " His words made me frown.

"But it's such a small company. " I told him in confusion.

"Are you trying to teach me business Miss. Murthy? " He asked with an amused expression on his face.

"No no no Mr. Malhotra, of course not. " I replied immediately, shaking my head furiously.

"Relax Miss. Murthy. I know you can't." He said before getting up from his chair.

Arrogant Bastard.

"I think you should get back to work Miss. Murthy, let me know your answer before you leave, I'll be near my car in the parking lot. " He said before walking away and I looked down.

"And Miss. Murthy. " I turned to find him standing behind me.

"I'm not used to negative responses. " That was a threat! Actual threat!

He went away and I held my head.

Do I have an option? No I don't! Why is it happening to me? What have I done? It's a great opportunity that I'll get to work with him but then, seeing how bossy and off this man is, I don't know what to do.

Honestly it'll be great for me and Nalini, if I take up this job but why am I not getting a good feeling about it? Why is it looking like some trap which I'll never be able to get out of?

"Must be my lucky day that I found you here, without work. " I looked beside me to find Rahul standing.

"I was about to leave. " I got up and he sighed.

"Oh c'mon Nandini,  my company is not that bad, at least give me a chance ." He said sitting on the chair where he was sitting a while ago.

"Your coffee. " He forwarded the cup towards me and I took it.

I took a sip of the coffee which reminded me how he took sips from my mug. Manik Malhotra drank coffee from my mug and even liked it. I feel something, I don't know what it is, something weird.

"I'm still here Nandini. " My trance was broken by Rahul's words.

"What do you want Rahul?" I was irritated and disturbed and he was no help.

"I just want to talk. " He expressed.

"About what? " I asked and he sighed.

"Anything, I'm just interested in having a conversation with this introvert. " He said which reminded me of Mr. Malhotra again.

"But I'm not interested, sorry. " I was rude but I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible, so I got up with my coffee and file, and left the place immediately.

May be they don't want to see me happy or don't understand the meaning of word introvert because if they did, they would have understood that I don't like having conversations with someone I don't even know properly.

I'm the least interested person in this office.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are liking the story so far.

If you liked the chapter then don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi❤