Lin

The next morning, Pippa was looking at me funny.  I kept glancing at her as I got the twins' breakfast going.  She looked like she had something on her mind.  Raina was healthy again, so I didn't think it was about her.  We should have a few minutes alone together after the other kids had left for school.

I got Cam up, not letting her sleep in during her suspension.  Her attitude had been terrible all week and she was really getting under my skin, which I think she enjoyed.  I wondered if her mother was still around if she'd be fighting with her all the time like she did with me.

It was Friday, so I finally saw some relief in sight.  I had another full day ahead of me.  Molly took the twins to school with her and Cam was holed up in her room.  Pippa cleared the dishes from breakfast.

"Everything okay?" I asked her, jumping in to help.

"Fine," she said, but didn't elaborate.  I watched her for a moment, and I knew enough about her to know she was lying.

"You sure?" I asked, stopping and leaned against the counter.  She sighed and looked down.

"I saw a text on your phone last night," she said, drying her hands.  She turned and looked at me.  "From Sofia."

I sighed and crossed my arms.  "She's starting to make me a bit uncomfortable.  She's always asking me to do favors for her."

"Is that all?" she asked me, looking me directly in my face.  I couldn't lie to her.  I knew I had to come clean.

"She kissed me once," I confessed.  "When you were in Tennessee with Raina.  But I cut her off and told her I wasn't interested."

"She kissed you?" Pippa gaped.  "And you didn't tell me?"

"Pip, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it," I told her.  "I didn't want you to worry.  You already had enough going on worrying about Raina."

"I would've wanted to be told about this," she said, clearly hurt.  She fiddled around with some things on the counter.

"Pip-" I stepped towards her and took her hand, then pulled her to me.  "Look at me," I gently commanded, and she did.  "You are the only woman for me.  Ever.  You do not have to worry about Sofia."

"What if she comes on to you again?  What if she tries to kiss you again?" she asked.

"Then I'll firmly tell her no, and I'll break off all contact," I said.  "If it makes you uncomfortable, I won't help her anymore.  I'll tell her I can't."

"And she'll know I'm jealous," Pippa.

"Well, you have nothing to be jealous of," I told her.  "You're perfect and I'm in love with you."

She smiled a little and I kissed her slowly.

"Now stop worrying," I told her, my voice low.  We separated and I gave her hand a squeeze.  She disappeared to take a shower and I finished getting myself ready for the day.  I knocked on Cam's door and found her sitting at her desk, notebook open.

"I'll be back later," I told her. "Pippa will be around for a while.  How's the homework coming?"

"Fine," she said in an unfriendly tone.

I sighed and left her, then told Pippa goodbye.  I went about my day as usual.  It went by very quickly since I was so busy.  I texted Pip that I would pick up Chinese on the way home.  I knew everyone's favorites.  Around 7:00, I stepped off the elevator with two plastic bags of food in my hands.  When I walked in the door, everyone was excited to see me because I had food.  And, I think they kinda liked me too.