A Killer Next To You

Caroline was lying on the bed, thinking.

She knew Seleste wasn't trustworthy, so she needed proof that Seleste is telling the truth. Maybe she should talk to the witch who witnessed her mother's death, Caroline didn't know her name.

She heard the front door open, then Tereza's voice:

"Girls, come here."

Caroline went into the living room.

"Hi." Caroline spoke.

"I'm the new regent of witches." Tereza smiled. "Where is my daughter?"

"She's at Josh's house." Caroline lied, Davina was with Kol.

"I'll talk to her later. We gotta celebrate, we are going to a restaurant tonight."

"Okay. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."

"Who was the witch who told that Klaus killed my mom?"

Tereza suddenly tensed.

"Seleste didn't tell me her name, why?" The smile of Tereza disappeared.

"I'm just curious, I wanna know more about my mother's death."

"She's dead, Caroline. You should think of living people."

"She's my mother, of course I'll think of her." Caroline looked at Tereza angrily.

Tereza's phone rang, when she looked at the screen, her eyes widened.

"Excuse me." She murmured, then she went up the stairs, Caroline was curious and followed her.

Tereza entered in her bedroom and closed the door.

"Why are you calling me? I'm not your friend anymore." Caroline heard Tereza speak behind the door, she thought it was Seleste on the phone.

After a few seconds, just silence.

"I don't believe in you!" Tereza shouted, then she lowered her voice. "Now listen to me, Caroline asked me about Liz's death. If she asks you about Liz, you won't tell her anything, because if you tell her, I'll kill you. Don't call me again."

Caroline was shaking, she entered in her bedroom and locked the door.

That woman on the phone looked like a monster, she was mean to Caroline today and now she seems to be hiding a secret and clearly about her mother's death. A secret so scary she would be willing to kill to keep it hidden.

Maybe Klaus was telling the truth, maybe Tereza killed Liz.

**

Tereza was washing dishes, when she heard the front door open, she went into the living room with wet hands and looked at Davina.

"I'm the new regent." Tereza said, she was very proud of herself.

"Congrats." Davina could have hugged her mother, but she was still upset with her, so she went to her bedroom.

"I don't think Klaus killed my mom." Caroline approached Davina and locked the door again.

"Who do you think it was?"

"Tereza."

Davina was open-mouthed.

"My mom didn't kill her, Liz was my aunt and her sister, she was family."

"I heard her talk to Seleste on the phone today, they were talking about a secret about my mother's death and Tereza didn't want me to find out." Caroline was talking too fast, she was hysterical. "She even threatened to kill Seleste."

"You didn't heard the whole conversation, maybe you misunderstood. My mom can be mean sometimes, but she wouldn't kill her sister." Davina wouldn't believe that her mother would do something so terrible.

"She is your mother, of course you would believe that she's not a killer, but she is."

"You are wrong." Davina unlocked the door and left the room.