2

Faith's POV

I gathered up all my confidence, which wasn't very much, and approached them, looking up at the tall, muscular boys standing in my way.

"Well, if it isn't the attention whore." Bully One smirked evilly.

"Hello, fatass. Please get out of my way." I responded, attempting to get through the muscles.

"No way. Your in for a beating!" Bully Two bellowed, cracking his knuckles menacingly.

"Yeah. Your not getting in there without a fight." Bully Three chirped. He was the smallest one out of the three, obviously just some kid trying to be cool.

"Listen. I just want to-"

I was silenced when a fist was plunged into my stomach.

Out of all the things I have done to myself, this was way worse times five.

I fell to the cement, attempting to catch my breath.

I saw out of the corner of my eye Bully One and Two were raising their fists, getting ready to punch-

"Don't lay another hand on her!" I heard from somewhere behind me.

All three if them looked up, and I saw Matthew, standing tall, behind me.

"Listen here you fucking assholes, you better not lay another fucking hand on this girl, you hear me you fucking dick sucking dipshits?!" he screamed.

They looked down at me, then back at him, and walked away, muttering to themselves

"You okay?" he asked me.

I just sat there, sputtering, trying to catch my breath AND trying to process the fact that he just stood up for me.

Finally, I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with enough air to let out a raspy, "Yeah."

He held out his hand, and I grabbed it, and he pulled me up.

"Thanks for that." I muttered, looking down at my feet.

"Any time." he smiled.

"Oh shit!" I shouted, and threw my book bag down to check on my precious violin Gianna bought me for Christmas last year.

I opened the case carefully and took it out, inspecting it carefully.

I let out my breath as if I'd been holding it.

"Thank God."

I put it back and stood up again, looking for him, but he was gone.

So was everyone else.

I ran inside the building and into Chemistry, where everyone was just sitting down.

I took my seat next to my friend McKenna.

"What took you so long? You're usually the first one in." she whispered to me.

I just shook my head. I pulled out my notebook and tried to focus, but I was just so... depressed right now.

I started to panic.

The depression. The anxiety. My feelings.

My head started to spin. The walls closing in.

Why was this happening?

Then I remembered.

I forgot to take my anxiety pill this morning.

I fell out of my chair and blacked out.