12

Faith's POV

I woke up to the familiar sounds of Snuggles.

I happily hopped out of bed and fed her.

"Today is gonna be a great day Snuggles. I could just feel it!" I told her, and she squeaked in response.

Then, I heard Gianna scream.

Shit.

I ran downstairs, to find the most horrific sight.

My mom.

In a noose.

Hanging from the ceiling fan.

I gasped.

Even though she always hated me, I loved her with all my heart.

I just don't know what went wrong.

All the happiness I was feeling from these past two days was shattered into a million pieces, burned, drowned in the ocean, and managed to explode.

I looked at Gianna, she was in tears lying on the floor, Dad was just staring at the lifeless body hanging from the ceiling.

I felt tears start to well up in the corners of my eyes, and I let them fall.

I grabbed my white Converse and ran out of the house, instantly running to Matt's house.

"LET ME IN LET ME IN!" I screamed, banging on the door with all my might.

In just a matter of seconds, Matt was opening the door, a very worried expression on his face, and I instantly collapsed into his arms, sobbing and soaking his shirt.

He wrapped his arms around me and closed the door, bringing me to his couch.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong babe?" he asked me worriedly.

I just shook my head, still crying.

He rubbed my back and whispered in my ear that it'll be okay.

He doesn't know what happened.

I pulled away from his chest, wiped my eyes,and explained the sight I saw.

He listened to me, and I saw his eyes glisten with tears too.

"I'm so sorry, Faith. I just... I just wish I could've helped. I feel it's all my fault."

"No. No, it's not your fault. I just don't know what caused this to happen." I sniffled.

He pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around me once more.

We stayed like that for a while, him holding me, me just listening to his heartbeat.

"You okay now?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just don't want to go home." I responded.

"Well, you could stay here you know." he stated, smiling a little bit.

I looked up at him and nodded.

His smile grew bigger. "Great."

I smiled just a little bit. His enthusiasm makes warms me up a little.

Considering the fact I was still in pjs from just running out of the house, I just sat there while Matt went upstairs to get changed out of his jeans and football jersey.

He came back down with no shirt.

Just pajama pants.

I blushed slightly at his toned abs as he sat down next to me, putting the movie channel on the tv.

I curled into his chest and looked up at him, giving him a smiled and poking my tongue out of the side of my mouth.

He pressed his lips to mine, and we kept them like that.

Until he bit my lip for entrance.

I smiled and kept my mouth shut, making him give a little growl at the back of his throat.

I felt his hand make its way around my waist, making me gasp a little bit, letting his tongue slip inside my mouth.

And at that moment, we were having a full on make out session.

I felt his cold hand slip up my sweatshirt and I pulled away from him, smirking and swatting it away.

I looked into his eyes, but they weren't the usual brown.

They were black. Filled with a passion I could not describe.

I stood up and grabbed his hand, dragging him upstairs to his room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the following morning snuggled into Matt's bare chest.

I smiled, looking over his sleeping figure.

I heard the door downstairs open and heard,"Matt! We're home!"

Fuck.

His parents.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I instantly pretended to be asleep as the door creaked open.

I heard a gasp, and then some laughter.

"Matt finally got the girl." I heard a manly voice say.

Then the sore closed and I sighed with relief.

We were safe.

For now.