T W E N T Y O N E

This one came out shorter than I orginially planned, but it seemed like the best place for a chapter break. Plus I wanted to give this to you guys. 

Good news! I am turning my final assignments for the semester tonight(lol my college site is down rn yay college) and then I'll have a whole month off to write. 

C H A P T E R 

T W E N T Y      O N E 

A D E L A I D E 

The next hurdle was one that we had little time to prepare for. And that was Leo announcing me as his Chosen. As soon as we made it back to the house - after some passionate kissing and snuggling on the beach - Leo vanished into his office and began making phone calls to all of the patrollers and all of the homes, requesting everyone's presence at the end of the hour in the yard.

While he did this, I went back to our room and freshened up again. From crying, the light makeup I had on had smeared. The last thing I wanted was his pack members to see me as a raccoon the first time he said he was choosing me.

He was only downstairs for about ten minutes before he was bursting into the bedroom. "Do you have any warm dresses? Just a casual one?" Leo asked, moving to open the closet and examine my clothing.

"Not really. I could wear a cardigan, tights, and boots with this one though, so it's a bit warmer," I told him, motioning to a grey-toned dress. It had a mock-neck and three-quarter sleeves, with a skater-style skirt shape. I had yet to touch it, seeing as dresses weren't really my style.

Leo nodded. "I was advised that we both dress up a little bit," he claimed.

"I understand."

The big man turned to me and just gazed warmly at me for a few moments before heaving a sigh. "Thank you for saying yes." His fingers curled into my belt loops and drew me into his embrace. "Thank you for being with me. Thank you."

I giggled, pressing a soft kiss onto his jaw. "You're welcome."

"I'm going to be better for you," he promised.

"I know, Leo. I know."

Leo bent down and picked me up by my thighs, carrying me to the bed before tipping us both onto it, making me giggle more and wrap my arms around his broad shoulders. "Do you know that I love you?" His hand cupped my face, thumb brushing over my cheekbone.

"Leo," I hummed, my face heating up. I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

"I mean it. After all that has happened, how could you not know that I love you? And I haven't forgotten that you aren't there yet, but I just have to tell you anyways. You need to know how strongly I feel for you. I will never let anyone hurt you ever again. Not even myself." His lips sponged kisses all across my face and even down to my neck, as if he was trying to pay affection to every inch of my available skin. "I love you and I don't even deserve you, yet here you are."

I rolled my eyes, but wanted this conversation to move along quite quickly. "We need to finish getting ready. There isn't much time." By the way his eyes searched mine, I could tell that he understood my hesitation on the subject of him loving me.

"Right. Let's do this. But just one more for the road."

Leo firmly molded his mouth to mine, making me inhale while my hands cupped his neck. My whole body warmed at his touch and affection and even though his kiss was intense, it was still gentle. It felt right to hook my thighs onto his hips, but the action had Leo flinching away from me.