T E N

*let the image above be a warning to you: violence and blood in this chapter. Thank you*

C H A  P T E R 

T E N 

A D E L A I D E 

"I'm just going to go grab something out of that little convenience store, why don't you go into Urban Outfitters and I'll meet you there later? Girls like that place, right? I might even let you pick out some room decor," Leo said. "Go on."

I nodded slowly, and Leo pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Good girl. I'll see you in a few minutes. Don't leave this area, okay? If you finish before I get back, just sit on this bench." He kissed my cheek and grinned one last time at me before marching off.

I didn't bother going into the shop. I just went to the bench and plopped down, folding my arms over my chest - purposefully trying to close myself off. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I had been alone to my thoughts for about five minutes before I heard snickering and felt eyes on me.

"Does she think dressing like that takes away from her... her face?" a girl sneered rudely. I glared at her, solid eye contact being made. There were a few other girls and a couple boys with them. They all started laughing and my face felt really hot.

"That guy must be in it for the sex, right? She must be as much of freak in bed as she is in person," a boy said.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "I can hear everything you say. Can't you even bother to keep that in your little group?" I snapped.

"Excuse us, little whore?" a girl gasped, appalled that someone would stand up to her.

Again, my eyes rolled at their idiocy. "No decency," I mumbled.

"What happened to your eye, whore? Did daddy smack you too hard?" one of the boys teased, the group inching towards me.

I got to my feet, my fists clenching. "No, actually. I got into a fight," I lied. It was the only thing I could do to gain a little dignity. "You should see the other guy."

"As if you beat up anyone," another one of the girls snorted, but she sounded a little nervous now. "Let alone a guy."

What were these fools up to? They had nothing better to do than to be pricks at the mall and be cruel to me? "Or maybe you just sucked him off like you do to keep that boy around."

I opened my mouth to tell off the idiot who dared to mention that, but Leo's fist cut me off, slamming into the kid's jaw and knocking him straight out. My first thought was that the wolf was being a little too harsh, but I didn't have time to think before I was manhandled. Leo shoved me behind him protectively and growled deeply. "If you ever talk to my girl like that again, I swear I'll kill all of you," he hissed. "And believe me, no one will be able to identify your bodies."

"We were just talking about you!" a girl gushed, ignoring her friend that was unconscious on the floor. "How often does she have to suck you off to keep you around?"

This time I tried to launch myself at her, but Leo gripped my wrist and yanked me back beside him. "I try not to keep him around!" I spat at her. "Your friend is unconscious, don't you even care?"